Sign in to follow this  
nurktwin

Tracking

Nothing on this end has changed for years. The board supports facebook/twitter login and there are google analytics. Anything else might be cookies that are following you around from other sites but you can disable 3rd party cookies on sites in your browser settings. That will not effect logging in here or site usage. This is probably one of the "cleanest" sites you can visit.

2 hours ago, Mudcrutch said:

Nothing on this end has changed for years. The board supports facebook/twitter login and there are google analytics. Anything else might be cookies that are following you around from other sites but you can disable 3rd party cookies on sites in your browser settings. That will not effect logging in here or site usage. This is probably one of the "cleanest" sites you can visit.

Easy to read, easy to use, friendly, no pop-up ads, FREE, links to live music, all sorts of things shared (a lot from Marion), helpfulness, plenty of off-topic conversation, plenty on the albums and songs and shows, recommendations, advice, and an overall laid back vibe; c'mon...this is one of the best sites out there and the premier TPATH site. Not that it needed defending.

cheers

Yeah.. good question though.

I think about these things alot, myself. I try to inform myself and try to keep at arms length from the integrity/information abuse built into all aspects of digital life as per Facebook, Google and Apple and so on. 

Technically there is nowhere to hide completely, surely. But while waiting for up to date law and order in this field, for more user friendly and visionary angles of enterprise, for the IT-actors to be made responsible for their logarithms and their business models and so on __ at least raising awareness of these things is really important. 

By no means am I overly IT tech savy myself, but it really seems to me like this place is a lot "cleaner" or "safer" than most. In terms of tracking and personal information and such, I think you are likely much better off here than over at Amazon or at your Facebook or Insta, were the true wild west atrocities play out as we speak, 24-7. If people cared enough about these things though, asked questions like yours, those platforms wouldn't be much in use, or at least they would be built and function in a much different and positive fashion. But yeah.. don't seems that you're too much in harms way here, comparatively, frolicking at the Farm. That's my understanding, at least.