Sign in to follow this  
nurktwin

Another New Guitar

I ordered the guitar yesterday morning and it was at my front door at 9am this morning!!!!!!!! I haven't had a chance to open it yet, because I have a plumber here doing work in the bathroom and kitchen. I'll take pix and post asap, maybe not until tomorrow. Then I have a guy coming tomorrow or Sunday to give me an estimate to replaster my living room ceiling (water damage from leak in upstairs bathroom). Once that's done, search for painter and then finally (I hope) get new carpet. Damn pinhole water leak did a lot of damage!

Opened the guitar and it looks great. I was surprised to see a picture of the guitar at the end of the assembly line in Nashville included. Also came with a gig bag and a card with date made, model, serial number and signatures of inspector and packer. I took pix and will post them here as soon as I upload them, which should be within the hour.

I'm still thinking about ordering the sister to the JR that has 2 P90's. I'm just worried that they will both sound almost identical besides looking the same. No reason to have 2 identical guitars that sound alike. There is an inexpensive & expensive way to get another Double Cutaway that would sound completely different than the Gibson, and that's with Gretsch. Electromatic's are $499 without Bigsby and $599 with Bigsby. Then there are the high end Gretsch's that cost up to $2700 for the Malcolm Young model. I like the "natural wood finish" the best, it's a new model available for pre-order and it looks like an easy fix to install a Bigsby and roller bridge.

$499 Gretsch Electromatic

750-G5222EDJAN_front.jpg.auto.webp

$599 Gretsch Electromatic with Bigsby

750-G5232TDJFTTR_front.jpg.auto.webp

$2700 Gretsch Malcolm Young model

JT19051975-front-large.jpg.auto.webp

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/G6131MYSJ--gretsch-professional-g6131-my-malcolm-young-signature-jet-natural

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/G5232TDJFTTR--gretsch-g5232t-electromatic-double-jet-ft-tahiti-red

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/G5222EDJAN--gretsch-g5222-electromatic-double-jet-aged-natural

The 2-pickup version of the Junior would enable you to dial in a lot of different sounds than the 1-pickup version.  But it's all good.  I see that the Junior came with a gig bag - that explains the lower price.  Mine came with a hard shell case.

Yikes, I just tuned up this Gibson and plugged it into my Vox Beatle amp and it sounds amazing. There's a P90's crunch even at low watts. I can go from 2 watts to 20 to 50 and  up to 200 watts on rotary knob with my amp head and 4X12 Beatle cab. This is great!!!!!! Here's a pix of 1 of my amps.

large.100_0562.JPG.00bd26b553acd7f824d6b