Sign in to follow this  
Hoodoo Man

Something good coming for TPHB 1/10??

OK first off happy new year. Second. Rick Rubin was posted on Mikes Insta.  That and the following post from TPN have me aflutter now that the family feud over the estate is over...

I can dream its All the Rest but in reality its more likely some lesser thing. But....

https://www.facebook.com/groups/tompettynation/permalink/2845101308918652/ 

Mike with Rick Rubin - some kind of blues tune "Joe Turner"....

I have a sneaking suspicion this will be moved to the DK section and its a single off that album. Seems Rick is a red herring.....  Would kill for a blues album from Mike covering Muddy and the other greats of that era like Mississippi John Hurt... 

They've been playing the new Dirty Knobs song on TP Radio all day.  I've heard that pre-sales for the new record starts on Monday, and with it comes a download of this new song.

Are you disappointed ? 
Of course, I would also have preferred that wildflowers all the rest would finally be announced. In any case, I'm really looking forward to it and can't wait until Monday.  Has anyone edited the song that was played on Tom Petty Radio and can post it here? 

2 hours ago, livin´thing68 said:

Are you disappointed ? 
Of course, I would also have preferred that wildflowers all the rest would finally be announced. In any case, I'm really looking forward to it and can't wait until Monday.  Has anyone edited the song that was played on Tom Petty Radio and can post it here? 

sorry, I thought it was clear from the thread that this was definitely a DK release announcement as they got more specific. By the time yesterday came around I was over the fact that it would not be my dream come true or that I would have finally pulled the trigger on yet another streaming service and get sirus on my phone. .  :(  So for me, there's 'no reason to cry" as I lost hope again already.

TBH it was already viewed as a cash grab to release two largely catolog titles back to back so quickly.   I almost feel like now they lost so much good will with the feud 'releasing their hostage' in All The Rest would piss people as anther cash grab and 'too soon" given how long we normally waited for album cycles since the Wildflowers/Shes the one releases.  so the band approved 5 year wait begins? 😥  hopefully  the girls stay greedy and Dana goes along for the ride...

The Dirty Knobs JAM 1 🔥🔥Rockin the ranch on the set of our video shoot for Wreckless Abandon, our first album as The Dirty Knobs releasing on March 20th on BMG!

Heads up .......Wreckless Abandon video and record ready to launch .......this week! Hide your hounds and put out the cat… The Dirty Knobs is where it’s at!!

Did Rick Rubin produce the new album?

image.png.98dd0b876a0ac368da508179b831fa1c.png

Wreckless Abandon

The Dirty Knobs

Wreckless Abandon
Written by Mike Campbell

I found you in a roadside ditch
Twenty bottles gone
Had your finger on the switch
All circuits were blown
Fever up to 105
Clothes soaking wet
You were lucky just to be alive
Living without a net
Throwing caution to the wind
Going over the edge again
With wreckless abandon
With wreckless abandon
Tell the doctor to get here quick
Ain't no time to kill
Someone’s gonna be getting sick
Yeah you know they will
You only got yourself to blame
For turning black and blue
Oh ain't it a crying shame
You blew another fuse
With wreckless abandon
With wreckless abandon
With wreckless abandon
With wreckless abandon
With wreckless abandon

Wreckless Abandon

The Dirty Knobs

Track list

1. Wreckless Abandon
2. Pistol Packin’ Mama (feat. Chris Stapleton)
3. Sugar
4. Southern Boy
5. I Still Love You
6. Irish Girl
7. Fuck That Guy
8. Don’t Knock The Boogie
9. Don’t Wait
10. Anna Lee
11. Aw Honey
12. Loaded Gun
13. Don’t Knock The Boogie (Coda)

7 hours ago, livin´thing68 said:

Wreckless Abandon

The Dirty Knobs

Track list

1. Wreckless Abandon
2. Pistol Packin’ Mama (feat. Chris Stapleton)
3. Sugar
4. Southern Boy
5. I Still Love You
6. Irish Girl
7. Fuck That Guy
8. Don’t Knock The Boogie
9. Don’t Wait
10. Anna Lee
11. Aw Honey
12. Loaded Gun
13. Don’t Knock The Boogie (Coda)

Anna Lee might be a sequel to the Beach Boys classic, Anna Lee the Healer?

Call me old fashioned, but the "swear word" songs don't entice me. "Wreckless Abandon" is a great title for a first single, however.

I'm going to die a happy man if Ben tours with Mike here... the dates they picked are in pretty small venues for my neighbor hood. Better than seeing them in the House of Blues Boston but this is going to maybe crash servers... I used to see Susan Tedeshi when she was starting out before she had been signed in the Alston location and Derry is supposed to be a lovely venue.  Both quite intimate locations.

I posted details on the Highway companion presale in the DK section. 

82066594_2521681161453140_5091704186337230848_o.thumb.jpg.9412c5fd5c2316d6f21539184293a25b.jpg

I'm not seeing details about when the tour goes on sale.  Is that posted somewhere?  They're apparently not coming near me, so it looks like a road trip if I want to see them.  I guess I'll try for the Troubadour if possible. 

I think I saw somewhere that tix go on sale Jan 15th 10am local times.

OK, Hoodoo Man posted this earlier:

Members of the Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers Highway Companions Club and Dirty Knobs fan clubs have early access to tickets via a password protected pre-sale that begins Wednesday, January 15 at 10AM local time. Tickets go on sale to the public this Friday, January 17 at 10AM local time.

Fans previously signed up for the Knobs email list have received an email allowing you to opt-in to the Highway Companions Club email list.

On 1/12/2020 at 9:13 PM, livin´thing68 said:

Anna Lee could also be the song by Levon Helm.

Pistol Packin 'Mama is definitely Al Dexter's song. And then he sings the title with Chris Stapleton, it’s just great.

On 1/13/2020 at 8:49 AM, Big Blue Sky said:

^^^^ plot thickens, options opening up... there's also Anna Lee as a blues number, of course. 

This article claims that all the songs are Mike originals, although at least in the case of “Pistol Packin’ Mama”, that likely means it’ll show as  ‘arranged by Mike Campbell’.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/mike-campbell-dirty-knobs/

20 hours ago, bonddm said:

This article claims that all the songs are Mike originals, although at least in the case of “Pistol Packin’ Mama”, that likely means it’ll show as  ‘arranged by Mike Campbell’.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/mike-campbell-dirty-knobs/

thanks! :)

...as many of you will already know, a site called Second Hand Songs is packed with information about songs & who sang which song & when.  Gives me great joy to scroll through & listen to Pistol Packin' Mama by musicians (40 covers are listed!) including Bing Crosby & The Andrew Sisters (!!), Boxcar Willie, The Hurricanes, Willie Nelson & Lloyd Price. 

https://secondhandsongs.com/performance/301039/versions#nav-entity

For my money, John Prine & Mac Wiseman playing Pistol Packin' Mama for their guitar picking. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHZJsC-1ntY

I think all Mike Campbell & The Dirty Knob fans know that Mike and the group didn't write all the songs on the new LP.  We've been listening to these songs for years, let alone see the Knobs play them live around LA over the years. This LP is not the big deal it should have been. Sorry Mike, just my opinion and I hope it makes your next LP better, see ya later......Nurktwin.