nurktwin

TP guitar question

^    The RIC 360/12 double bound is the absolute best with "cats eye cutout" or "F-hole cutout" in "FIREGLO". Cats Eye model with Trapeze tailpiece and Deluxe fret markers are the "George Harrison" model that I have signed by TOM & all the Heartbreakers. They signed it at "The Gorge" in Washington state about 8 hours before the show when I called Chinner and he told me to get my ass down to the stage NOW! He met me at the gate and let me in early and the rest is history. Thank you my friend, (CHINNER). I'll always remember helping you carry amps & guitars into venues for Mike & the Dirty Knobs from the old white van in dark alley's around LA!!! Lucky we didn't get mugged......LOL!

TomPettyES-335.thumb.jpg.6c0b235d86ecb1be631805a3ea3ceba4.jpg

I know Tom wasn't known for playing 335's a lot live, but they are my favorite electric guitars of all time, and this one just does it for me. Late 1960-early 1962 dot neck, short guard and reflectors.  Such a beautiful guitar!

(Mike's 1959 es-335 with a bigsby is one of the best sounding vintage 335's I have ever heard live.)

On 12/27/2019 at 8:09 AM, TomFest said:

The Rick 360/12 like George's is hard to beat.

A0JC4hP.jpg

Love this picture and love this guitar.  Thank you for posting it!  Rickenbacker Rose Morris models are wonderful instruments.  I swear by mine.  This exact one that Tom is playing is extra special:

RickenbackerRM.thumb.jpg.bbd6fa1a16100820a70941e6d893070b.jpg

This is Tom's exact guitar featured in a great book.

On 12/31/2019 at 2:41 PM, downsouth26 said:

TomPettyES-335.thumb.jpg.6c0b235d86ecb1be631805a3ea3ceba4.jpg

I know Tom wasn't known for playing 335's a lot live, but they are my favorite electric guitars of all time, and this one just does it for me. Late 1960-early 1962 dot neck, short guard and reflectors.  Such a beautiful guitar!

(Mike's 1959 es-335 with a bigsby is one of the best sounding vintage 335's I have ever heard live.)

Tom played a few different ones.  I've seen a blonde and a red one also.   Here's mine - and you're right. They're fantastic guitars.

fAntBTz.png