thelastdj33

September 19!!! Wreckless Abandon

Thanks for posting that. It may seem odd but if TDK play a lot of covers live I'd rather they did deep into the TPATH back catalog. Still, that is some guitar playing. Singing wise, though I guess I'll add my voice to the clamor that vox (not the amp) is not what this band is known for. But the single most pressing question remains...what coffee are they drinking? And how come they didn't offer us any?

ciao

7 hours ago, Afaceinthecrowd said:

I don’t consider TPATH songs covers, especially since Mike tends to choose songs he co-wrote.

Yeah. I can see why people might call those songs covers, but for me, any music they created together... belongs to them all.  Is there another word instead... any musical word nerds out there?  

• Meanwhile, here's Mike Campbell busy focusing on being an awesome musician, as always.  Here's his latest insta post, from Santa Barbara show, I guess.  

Sidenote.  It's past midnight here and I usually wear headphones when everything around here gets quiet.  Tonight, I hit play, suddenly realise headphones aren't connected - room suddenly overflows with very loud awesomeness of Mike Campbell bending notes on his Firebird.  Then I can't seem to hit pause... Oops!  I yelled a general "Sorry" to my immediate neighbourhood (to be polite to anyone I woke up), but really felt a more truthful shout would be:  "Now, neighbours, that's what I call music!  You got lucky!" Accidental karma for inflicting Old Town Road on us last year. 😉

On 2/9/2020 at 8:59 AM, Big Blue Sky said:

Yeah. I can see why people might call those songs covers, but for me, any music they created together... belongs to them all.  Is there another word instead... any musical word nerds out there?  

• Meanwhile, here's Mike Campbell busy focusing on being an awesome musician, as always.  Here's his latest insta post, from Santa Barbara show, I guess.  

Sidenote.  It's past midnight here and I usually wear headphones when everything around here gets quiet.  Tonight, I hit play, suddenly realise headphones aren't connected - room suddenly overflows with very loud awesomeness of Mike Campbell bending notes on his Firebird.  Then I can't seem to hit pause... Oops!  I yelled a general "Sorry" to my immediate neighbourhood (to be polite to anyone I woke up), but really felt a more truthful shout would be:  "Now, neighbours, that's what I call music!  You got lucky!" Accidental karma for inflicting Old Town Road on us last year. 😉

are you sure you are not Canadian Ruth??  😎

4 hours ago, Hoodoo Man said:

are you sure you are not Canadian Ruth??  😎

Sorry... 😉  Maybe I shoulda played it loud at midnight & not cared? 

4 hours ago, nurktwin said:

Sorry, I don't do Instagram

Yes, exactly!  Very wise.  This thread is precisely so people (who aren't on instagram or social media) can see what the maestro's up to without having to follow or check Instagram account.  Same with the bathroom jams from his tour with Fleetwood Mac.  You can see his latest postings one at a time.  You're welcome.  

Benmont's also got an Instagram account, but its mainly other stuff in his life, rather than actually him playing.  

19 hours ago, Big Blue Sky said:

Sorry... 😉  Maybe I shoulda played it loud at midnight & not cared? 

that would make you very American. ;) I truly do not understand people these days watching videos on the phone without earbuds..  clearly some people were raised by wild boars. I yell at my youngest when she walks around the house in hopes she will not do it outside the house....   

On February 15, 2020 at 5:02 AM, Big Blue Sky said:

This one is a mind-bender because of genius camera angle.  Note the speed with which he puts on his slide...  Are these are some mad hand / eye co-ordination skills or what??

Thanks for posting that. The camera angle is a case of "a little goes a long way" for me, but...that performance! Fantastic!

I really like the sound of the drums, that to me is garage band perfection. Whatever they are playing sounds sweet and what a treat to see Mike's slide action in such close perspective, especially the way he gets the vibrato going through the glass. This type of stuff is probably peak TDK for me, the further they get from 1950s rock covers or Johnny Be Goode type stylings and more their own noise the better.

It's not about Mike's vox but the dirty feel of the instruments, hitting a groove, playing some histrionic guitar solos and havin' fun. Any good songs atop this are a bonus to my mind.

cheers