thelastdj33

September 19!!! Wreckless Abandon

^ More cool news. The stars align.. the Knobs are cooking.. finally! Will be so exciting to see/hear the new stuff. 

All this Knobs excitement even prompted good old HCC to send me an email yesterday!! (Say What?!!) 

As if, all of a sudden, they have forgotten entirely how much they despise me? A weird sensation after all these years, let me tell you.

Although.. I am pretty sure I still despise them as much as ever. They are such weird little creatures.

Not that I'm resentful... (well) It's just that somehow, the thought never even occured to me that MC would keep ticket sales and/or other ties to the HCC intact heading into the future. TP.com pushing the doings of former Heartbreakers is only natural and a nice enough gestrure, of course - make sense. HCC being connected to presales and other deals, exclusives and co-ops is something else. Given the level of competence and service provided by HCC and now with Tom gone - and all HCC raison d'être with him, quite frankly - I would personally find it much less crooked and cynical if HCC just folded at this point and went to sleep. A professional website/portal to serve the memory of Tom's in various ways, providing media and such, marketing future archival releases (if applicable) of his and so on - much like the TP.com portal - is much needed and nice to have. But of course! Why a tumblers-n-tickets tour club, run by random logic and what seems to be mad bots, should keep rolling at this point, looking for new deals, is beyond me. Them sending me emails now, is like having a message from the other side. Rest alrdeady. If not for my sake, then for the sake of Tom's.

If MC needs a powerful platform beyond his own star name, to help with communication, tickets and fan relations - the perks of such help to a band like TDK is quite obvious - I would much rather understand if he hired the Mac side of his career for such services. (Key word: powerful.) Please.. by this, I don't mean MC should downplay any of his relations to TP, TPATH or even TP.com - certainly not! - it's just that the club side, the HCC ,to me (and many others) seems like an unusually wicked, obsolete and dysfunctional little bureau of operations to trust with one's name and money.

That said - when the Knobs portal - "The Snake Feed Club", or whatever.. will open shop, I will likely sign up for a membership asap. Given the great and personal touch of Tazzy Fund and Rock The Dogs and what have you, I trust that MC and all his great in-people will be able to set up an awesome "community", no matter the platform, if they ever should set their minds to it. Let's hope for at least moderate success for the album and then we'll see if TDK will reach a level where they can have their own "club". If not, that's fine too. Music speaks best for itself i.m.o.

@Shelter I have steadily gotten pre-sale stuff for Benmont, Fleewood Mike and now the DK, maybe the old pre-sales emails were going to spam for you?   The HCC is messed up and the TP website is awful. I ordered myself a shirt and pint glass in Oct. got the shirt but no glass. Ordered a few shirts for my wife off of a promo that they sent out a week or two ago. Still no shipping info.  Hopefully now that the estate is settled someone can take hold of the wheel and turn the ship around...   They were heavily promoting the ornaments on their IG and FB pages and they were out of stock when I looked at it... So much stupid in one little site...  :(  Tom did it for real, the rest of them in the org outside of the band, its work and nobody seems vested.  The forum was down for months and it took me emailing HCC support and a few emails for them to realize that something was broken... 😕  my names Joe I'm the CEO..   would not surprise me to see them promote Jake Thistle as the next coming of Tom, he gets to be famous they get to be rich... 🤬  

looks like a cover to me....  :wub:

also how cool is this:

You might wanna get high

You better get your tickets

I'm telling you why

The Dirty Knobs are coming to town!

They're hitting the stage

Playing their songs

You can dance and sing along

The Dirty Knobs are coming to town!

They'll see you have a good time

Dancing on the floor

They'll rock your f------g ass off

And make you shout for MORE!!!

So! You better rock out

You might wanna get high

I'm telling you why

With electric guitars, bass, and drum

Playing songs from their new album

The Dirty Knobs are coming to town!

Every girl and boy now

Will have a jubilee

When the band breaks out Humdinger

Everyone will scream!!!

Oh! You better rock out

You might wanna get high

I'm telling you why

The Dirty Knobs are coming

Yeah, I said they're really coming

Oh, the Dirty Knobs are coming

To Town!!!!!

22 hours ago, Hoodoo Man said:

maybe the old pre-sales emails were going to spam for you?

Nah, it's all by design. They really make ignorance into art. That's why I's so surprised to get this one. But then I realized... they also make randomness into art.

22 hours ago, Hoodoo Man said:

Hopefully now that the estate is settled someone can take hold of the wheel

A case of DUI that needs to be straightened surely... More swag, rehash and Adria related products seem the most obvious route ahead. But I save further sarcasms until they are due.

All the best to TDK, with or without HCC involvement.

3 hours ago, bonddm said:

Hurry up and announce those tour dates! I’m planning a 3/4 week trip to the US from Australia in Oct/Nov and I’d love to know the tour dates before I lock anything in.

I hope this works out for you and you can see the band. Perhaps email them directly and see, or their management or the HCC or something, I don't know. Regardless, I hope you get to see them in person and the timing works out for it!

23 minutes ago, TomFest said:

I heard from a friend that TP Radio played "Wreckless Abandon" this morning.   Anyone capture that?  I don't have TP Radio.

I missed it too but am eager to hear it. Supposed MC and co. shot a video for the song, so maybe it'll be up on their site or YouTube (or Spotify) soon. If anyone did get a chance to hear the debut, what did you think?

1 hour ago, High Grass Dog said:

If anyone did get a chance to hear the debut, what did you think?

I've heard it four times so far (TPR is playing it approximately once an hour). It starts out with a Beatle-esque psychedelic vibe before ripping through some early Stones riffs, yet it's referential without sounding derivative. 

All that fluffy stuff is to say...it's a fun song.