Sign in to follow this  
Hoodoo Man

Garnicks Records est. 1930's

20 hours ago, Hoodoo Man said:

Thanks, this one is nearly writing itself. If you enjoy the stories above you'd like the book as they are basically a little bit expanded and slightly refined (my wife has better punctuation and grammar than I ever did, I can spot most misspellings by looking for the red squiggles under them but some times its so bad google can't make suggestions for me....

Good about it writing itself! My opinion, misspellings can be corrected but writing and how it flows is what counts. The subject matter isn't my thing really but that's no reflection on teh quality of the writing!  I hope this works out for you. If I recall, I think you mentioned your writing in another topic.It's impressive that you're doing this instead of just thinking of doing it. Good luck!

cheers

18 hours ago, MaryJanes2ndLastDance said:

Good about it writing itself! My opinion, misspellings can be corrected but writing and how it flows is what counts. The subject matter isn't my thing really but that's no reflection on teh quality of the writing!  I hope this works out for you. If I recall, I think you mentioned your writing in another topic.It's impressive that you're doing this instead of just thinking of doing it. Good luck!

cheers

Thank you! And thanks for recalling that factoid.  :) my first book was a dystopian fiction YA novel. A quick blurb is that a teenager and his jeep club are at a offroad park in PA, driving on trails  in some old jeeps when a electromagnetic pulse cripples the country after an attack by Britain. Given the lack of computers in the old jeeps they can still run and drive when the world stood still (yeah I borrowed a few phrases from Tom in the book. shhhh...) The adventure, going 400 miles which normally takes 5hrs; instead takes several days due to the chaos around them in their plight to get home to Massachusetts.  I made the main character a male teen,  given the trendiness of YA fiction. It was originally "me driving home" but it made it easier to write from a  'slightly snarky', kids POV and gave some cool story arcs about a hypothetical "son and father" jeep bond...  

It was a lot of fun to write the first story, but harder to mentally try and sell than stories about music.  I'm trying to do a final polish of the book before reaching out to agents in the near future. I need to make some format changes and story tweaks to bring the story to align with current affairs.  The story takes place in the near future ; 11/5/2020 and beyond. I've  been too scared of the inevitable rejection of agents that don't want my story  or  trying to sell "me"  as a writer until recently.  Now  getting my confidence, and somewhat finding  'a voice as a writer.' that I feel comfortable with.  

To be honest I'm just coming back out of my shell after a few years of 'hiding from my real life friends" due to some real depression and other issues I went thru.  I'm feeling that is in the past now and I'm ready to move on.  I sort of quit life, aside from being online in a few forums...  :( It was and is, easier to lurk and chat behind a keyboard than pick up the phone and actually talk...  But I'm good, so don't worry about me being honest here.  Still working through some things and gaining clarity with life, but on the mend..