Sign in to follow this  
nurktwin

New Guitar

The J-200 is a classic.  I bought my Gibson J-200 new in the early 90's.  Here's a shot of it from probably around 2003, I'm guessing.  The shirt from The Last DJ tour is a clue.  I remember this day and I know we played "Room At The Top" that day.

Gibson J-200 1992.jpg

The guitar arrived early this morning. It's absolutely gorgeous, deep wine red on a fabulous flamed maple top. Even the pearloid key winds have that vintage greenish color. It's all acoustic and sounds great. Looks like I may have to buy another L.G.Baggs pickup!!!!!! I'm so happy I pulled the plug and bought this. It's not the Gibson SJ200, but it didn't come will that $6500 sale price either. Take a look at the $8400 Gibson that I like.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SJ2VVSN19--gibson-acoustic-sj-200-vintage-vintage-sunburst

Edited by nurktwin
Added info

Congratulations. I have a sunburst Epi ej200 from when they still had a more gibson looking headstock , with the corners cut off like they on their les Paul series. . I bought it used for $300 back in '98/'99.  Great sounding guitar and you're right for the price they are great .  I have several vintage Epi's & quite a few modern ones.