Sign in to follow this  
Ben

You're Gonna Change Or I'm Gonna Leave

Well there was the officially released "Bridge School Volume 1" CD, where TP did "Shadow of a Doubt" solo.  His song, himself only performing, his name credited.  Who knows, maybe it happened other times.  It is what it is.    

Tom going country! Excellent!! Keep 'em coming in, Ben! :-)

Unsure if it's just me, but that initial link wasn't embedding for me. So, anyway, here it is in all its well-deserved (country) glory! 

PS talking with a  teenager about Hank Williams. Kid: "Hank? Who?" Me: "'Your Cheatin' Heart'." Kid: "I know that one!" Me: "Also, 'Hey, Good Looking.'" Kid: "I know that one too! Whatcha got cookin! How about 'You Are My Sunshine'?" Me: "On the right track, that was actually someone else, politician, sang it at his political / election meetings." Kid:"A singing politician? No way!" :-)

On 11/2/2019 at 10:05 PM, Ben said:

Other than his three solo albums and related outtakes and B-sides, is this the only track Petty's released under the name "Tom Petty" with no credit to the Heartbreakers or anyone else?:

Just as a side note, actually the early prints of the American Girl single just credits "Tom Petty" on the label. (But that may be common knowledge.)

17 hours ago, Shelter said:

Just as a side note, actually the early prints of the American Girl single just credits "Tom Petty" on the label. (But that may be common knowledge.)

Do not think I knew that..  cool tidbit!  😎

giphy.gif