Sign in to follow this  
nurktwin

38 CD Disk Set!!!!

OMG, I'm surprised and at the same time not surprised they sold out of this. I would guess the folks that were there (or at least claimed to be) would have the disposable income to drop $800 bucks on something like this.  That said if The Hearbreakres released a 38 disc set of the Fillmore shows I would be in line to pony up for it even though I have the bulk of the bootlegs.... well just because its Tom.. :D   that said there are greatest hits type sets I still don't own and have no plans to buy...

The image of Woodstock that lives in many people's minds was set by director Michael Wadleigh's documentary and two soundtrack recordings released shortly after the festival. To Zax, presenting the entire concert busts and enhances some myths. 

can 100% appreciate why people might want to re-create one continuous recording from what's available. Especially if the earlier edits eliminated some performances. We all know this is crack cocaine for historians & archivists: accessing original documents & seeing how cultural processes at time marginalised some people and pushed others into lime-light.

• You know how Deadheads recorded everything Grateful Dead ever played? ... Acid will do that to your sense of priorities (allegedly)... Well, get this! Archivists, as a profession, regard that whole process of creating & sharing & storing Deadhead recordings as peak excellence in community-generated or crowd-sourced archival processes. Peak excellence! 

As to whether it is gonna sell... 800 bucks (ouch) for 400 songs (plus books etc) ... less than $2 / song...