Hi everyone. I've been having trouble since January with ulcers in my mouth and all tests were made on a lump in my neck. 6 biopsy's were taken and they all came back non-cancerous. They ignored testing the ulcers in my mouth, so we went to Cleveland Clinic. Called on a Monday morn and saw the head Dr for head & neck the same Wednesday. From 8am til noon they did blood tests, CT scans of head and neck with IV Con and scan chest and 2 biopsy's from the ulcers on the tongue. Dr said just by looking inside my mouth he was about 100% sure it was cancer. He called me Saturday night with the biopsy report and it is cancer. I've gone to Cleveland a few times in the past 2 weeks for more tests and nothing has changed. I have another test Friday morning for my legs. The operation will be July 25th at 5:30am at the Cleveland Clinic. The operation will take from 8 - 12 hours and require at least 2 surgeons. Surgeon #1 will remove 20% of tongue with cancerous ulcers, part of jaw bone, cut under jaw and remove all lymph nodes and tumor. Surgeon #2 will remove skin and veins from inside wrist to patch inside mouth with thin skin AFTER everything is completed. BUT 1st he has to remove skin and bone from leg, bone to replace jaw bone and thick leg skin to replace inside wrist skin, cuz that won't stretch and heal. Dr's are saying it's stage 4 cancer, but I don't feel any different, I'm ready for a concert. Well, I tried to explain the best I can. I'll be around here til next Wednesday til I leave for Cleveland. IF everything goes well I could be home in 8 days, if it goes bad 14 days. If it goes worse, thanks to all of you for the great times we've spent together. LUV you all..............Nurktwin

1 hour ago, nurktwin said:

The operation will be July 25th at 5:30am at the Cleveland Clinic. The operation will take from 8 - 12 hours and require at least 2 surgeons. Surgeon #1 will remove 20% of tongue with cancerous ulcers, part of jaw bone, cut under jaw and remove all lymph nodes and tumor. Surgeon #2 will remove skin and veins from inside wrist to patch inside mouth with thin skin AFTER everything is completed.

I'll say a prayer for you Nurk. I'm truly sorry you're going through this and hope the best for you.

Oh no! Thanks for sharing this news about your health & wellbeing with us all in the wider Mudcrutch Farm community. I really appreciate you keeping us in the loop about such a personal matter, Nurk.  We love you too.

So glad you & your family persevered with different health professionals & kept on getting tests until you got to where you are now. What an amazing plan for surgery! Hope it all goes well. ❤️

As for challenges in the days ahead, well, God bless you all in your family & friends & everyone at the hospital over in Cleveland. I hope you all keep on feeling strong & finding joy. Also, keep on playing the Beatles & Damn The Torpedoes too damn loud. 

Nurk, I'm so sorry, my friend.  I will be sending prayers and the best thoughts your way that all goes well.  It sounds very scary.  Please report back when you can.  (((Hugs)))

Well Nurk, I'm saddened and sorry to hear this news, however the Cleveland Clinic is definitely one of the absolute best hospitals in the US so you are in excellent hands.  We will all be thinking of you and wish you the best possible outcome.  Hang in there and heal well! Look forward to hearing everything went well and that you are on the mend.  Please keep us posted. 

Thanks everyone. I'll be leaving for Cleveland in a few minutes and stay at a hotel on the Clinic Campus for the night because I have to be at the surgery center at 5:30 in the morning. I hope to be home in 14 days or less. Take care..............nurktwin.