Sign in to follow this  
nurktwin

Question of the day 6/9/19

How about the first time you ever attended a professional sports event?   For me I'm pretty sure I went to a minor league baseball game here in Seattle at old Sick's Stadium in 1968. They get paid so that counts.  But for one of the major sports at the highest level, it was the Seattle Pilots in 1969. Our first Major League baseball team, and they left after 1 year to become the Milwaukee Brewers.  I never forgave Bud Selig for that.  I saw the Yankees for sure, but sadly Mickey Mantle had retired in spring training that year, so I never got to see the Mick play in person. 

Hi all, long time no see.

Because I missed spring training this year, I went to San DIego and saw a three-game series between the Padres and the Mets in early May. Lots of fun; I even had a front-row seat for one of the games. Let's go Mets!

Tomfest: any theories as to why the f*** Edwin Diaz was so unstoppable for the Mariners but not for the Mets? Geez.

Yeah, he was tough last year - but never boring.  Not a lot of 1-2-3 innings as I recall.  Yes, he throws 100 mph, but these guys can hit a fastball.  It's about location, and if he's in the middle of the plate, guys will hit it.  But he's likely to run off 20 saves in a row too, hence the love/hate relationship with your closer.  I'll say one thing, we sure miss him this year.  We can't hold a lead to save our a$$.