Sign in to follow this  
MaryJanes2ndLastDance

Sweden and the Internet...taxing links? Anyone seen this? Thoughts?

12 hours ago, MaryJanes2ndLastDance said:

Anyone seen this?

I haven´t. The vote is done by now, though... EU decided for another blow for democracy. Little did we know that our doom would come in the freedom of choice and entertainment fields. Now they own our *sses. And even when they don't, then keep selling us, keeping track and slowly constructing the death star that would be so cool in the hands of ???? 

12 hours ago, MaryJanes2ndLastDance said:

Thoughts?

"We need Swedes to act". Really? Why Swedes particularly? We swedes tend to care disproportionally much about these things, us being a fairly high tech habits people and all, but what are we not even 10 millions... and how many in the EU, the US and the rest of the "free" world? Since this link seem to deal with the recent EU vote for internet regulations, wouldn't the article say "We need Europeans to act". Anyways.. pretty soon we are all gonna have to be really free and really brave, or non of it is gonna matter no more. 

31 minutes ago, Shelter said:

I haven´t. The vote is done by now, though..

https://bbs.boingboing.net/t/article-13-will-wreck-the-internet-because-swedish-meps-accidentally-pushed-the-wrong-voting-button/141536/32

one commenter said:

The EU has 2 years to implement this, right? That’s plenty of time for them to realize it is ultimately unenforceable.

Or Google will shut off all services to the EU and they’ll realize it in two days.

I'm not any more happy with Google owning my *ss, though, than I am with any of the other forces competing to enslave us, now helped by EU. Must say. Google "shutting off all services to the EU" would prove short time extremely hurtful, sure, long time it may be our last chance to not turn into China 2.0.

3 hours ago, Shelter said:

I'm not any more happy with Google owning my *ss, though, than I am with any of the other forces competing to enslave us, now helped by EU. Must say. Google "shutting off all services to the EU" would prove short time extremely hurtful, sure, long time it may be our last chance to not turn into China 2.0.

I just keep hoping the whole thing will be reversed/not implemented somehow.

ciao