Sign in to follow this  
dylanfree

Fave TP Tune?

8 hours ago, Mudcrutch said:

Imagine seeing them play this live in a small venue? 💔

This is one of their best songs. I love the space in the beginning, the almost jazzy nightclub feel and then that chorus! Look out! What a good song too bad they never did play it live; definitely would've been good at a residency!

cheers

1 hour ago, MaryJanes2ndLastDance said:

It's not Something Big Blue Sky? I'm mildly shocked.

Lyrics from Casa Dega which i definitely do love.

Well actually, when deciding on my online name I kinda wanted a funky noun... so I felt adj adj  noun works. 

3 hours ago, Shelter said:

Wait what. You mean Licence to Kill, by any chance? (Masters of War was Vedder and McCready, right?) And about "then-recent"... the BD30 was in 92, after the whole ITGWO journey.. PUTP in 85.. so.. well.. Sorry. I normally wouldn't step all over a post like this, but in all friendliness - since I think I see what you are after - come again, please. ;)

Good pick up folks. Getting it wrong on Dylan and TP. I hear the hiss of indrawn shocked breath... No excuse. Still, let's see what we can salvage... Call off the dogs of war... Don't set the gators onto my lawn...

• Planet suit ✔️
  • Plantation lots of fun ✔️
  • Dylan's evening ✔️
  • TPATH performing Licence To Kill ✔️
  • Vedder performing Masters of War ✔️ & saying later it was that night they met TP & got to hang with him back-stage ✔️

TP wearing dark tailored jackets during performances in both Plantation (lined with confederate flag pattern) and Dylan's Bobfest... I think that's what tripped my tired brain into thinking they were only months apart.  Not years 😀

^ To think two cats were wasted in the making of those sideburns...

1 hour ago, Big Blue Sky said:

Getting it wrong on Dylan and TP. I hear the hiss of indrawn shocked breath...

:D Yeah. Throwing meat to the lions are we... 

But certainly: Licence To Kill - imo - is definitely one of the best covers they ever pulled! Magic rendition!

5 hours ago, Shelter said:

^ To think two cats were wasted in the making of those sideburns...

It's not on the Archives and I'm not able to search my local files right now, but I can recall a newspaper clipping about somebody offering to donate a substantial amount of money to charity if Petty would "shave those furballs off his face."