Sign in to follow this  
Big Blue Sky

"Bathroom Jams" from Mike Campbell's Instagram

Hi folks,

Here are the wonderful "Bathroom Jams" that the Campbells have been creating and posting on his instagram page.  I guess it seems a good idea to collect these in one spot, since he's producing so many!  Bear with me & I'll attach all the ones they've created so far (almost 40!!) There may be some doubling up with what's already been posted on Mudcrutch Farm.  ;) Once we're up to date, it'll all smooth out... How's that sound? Okay?

(There are also other things on his Instagram.)

All righty, here goes... the first 5 Bathroom Jams!

On February 23, 2019 at 1:59 PM, Big Blue Sky said:

These are awesome!!

Can't Stop The Sun was powerful even in that short clip. Thanks for posting. It's interesting and odd but in a way, there's something touching about him playing the song in a bathroom while a cute doggy sniffs about; it's not the bathroom but the unpretentiousness of it. Instead of ten different guest singers and giant screens with Tom's face plastered across them for the hair-do lovers in the crowd, it's the power of the music, nothing fancy, guitar, amp and his love for his friend.

Interesting too the choice of song, something not played by TPATH on a stage for a good seventeen years give or take. Wouldn't it be neat if there were recorded renditions of deep cuts like this from their studio, them jamming and exploring these older songs?

cheers

Agree!

Mike's just as bad ass as anyone else - he's just doing his thing in his own special way. I especially admire how the Campbells (ie Mike and Marcie) are sharing his ups and downs. You know, wow, those moments of deep & raw mourning (like playing "Can't Stop The Sun"  & "Johnny B Goode"). And just as honestly,  those moments of crazy silly fun. 

By the way, did you mean "cute" doggie? 

I just pinch myself that they keep filming snippets and sharing them. How lucky are we? How generous are they? How much of his heart can the man communicate through his music? It's amazing seeing these posts all one after the other. Glad you all like them too!

My thought is that maybe the Fleetwood Macks' rule is: "everyone in the band needs to work their social media". If so, it's just awesome that MC's "tour diary" is so uniquely about him & his love of music & his friends & family & dogs. Not show biz or gossip. (So far). Yet these relatively humble & grounded choices make him even more of a legend in my eyes.

4 hours ago, Big Blue Sky said:

like playing "Can't Stop The Sun"

The Last DJ opens and ends strongly. For a while I thought it would be their last record and thought as a last song goes, it's a good one. Typing that out now I realize that Shadow People has that coda about the sun, too and makes for a good last song for the band's albums. 

4 hours ago, Big Blue Sky said:

If so, it's just awesome that MC's "tour diary" is so uniquely about him & his love of music & his friends & family & dogs.

Dogs are amazing, a true blessing.

There's something neat about getting to watch him play guitar with a steady camera, no crowd sounds, that pure expression of musical ability.

cheers