Sign in to follow this  
TPfan1000

Benmont Shows

Ok. I guess I'll be the only one. 😪

Just me and Ben and the Road Ahead. And Alice maybe, providing support from backstage. And the rest of the sold out crowd. And the sound engineer. And the lighting person, please don't forget the lighting matters. And the person bringing the food and drinks to the audience. And the host or hostess. And the person that brought Ben from his hotel he likes to stay at except the place he usually stays at is pretty far uptown so maybe he'll stay downtown so they won't have to travel that far. 😎 And don't forget the people that bring his fancy pants Steinway and tune it. And I'm sure I'm forgetting some more folks and I apologize if I slighted anyone.  The rest of you are not coming though and you'll be missed.

Kudos to Ben for performing during a National Emergency. 

7 minutes ago, TPfan1000 said:

And the person bringing the food and drinks to the audience.  And the person that brought Ben from his hotel he likes to stay at except the place he usually stays at is pretty far uptown so maybe he'll stay downtown so they won't have to travel that far. 😎 

Ha ha ha! Nicely done.

2 hours ago, TPfan1000 said:

I think everyone did except one rude woman who didn’t like him talking so much between songs and was heckling. 😡 

That's quite rude; Benmont strikes me as the type of guy who'd just say what's on his mind spontaneously, so I think that's an additional bonus to seeing him play.

Night two I thought was even better. I thought Benmont sounded better and I liked the set list more. Plus no hecklers. 😎

He did American Girl again as the last song before the encore. This time before the start of American Girl he asked for the already dim lighting to be turned down some and that people not video. That we have it to ourselves. 

Earlier Regina Spektor stepped in to sing a song while Benmont played.  I overheard some people that must have heard "spector" and thought she was related to Phil Spector. 🙄

I think she has a very beautiful voice. I'd like to see an entire show with her singing American Standards and Benmont playing piano. 🤗

Here's most of it. It's a little shaky at the start but I thought you might enjoy it as is.

It really was an intimate evening, just as promised. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regina_Spektor