Sign in to follow this  
tompetty9

Confused

Can someone please explain this to me...

Is the album The Best of Everything out yet? Articles written in the fall say it was released in November, but Amazon has it pre-order release date in March. Was it suppose to be released in November, but got pushed back until March? For Real just came out, so I dont understand how it would have been released in November. Yet if you read Mike Campbells interview with Guitar World magazine it talks about how it WAS released in November and no mention of a new song named For Real.

Also, I find it strange that they are releasing another album so close to the release of American Treasure. Seems a little rushed and not planned well. Why not promote American Treasure a little more and release The Best of Everything next year? 

Unless I'm mistaken, it'll be out on March. It got pushed back several times. 

The interview with Guitar World: I've not read it yet, but it's entirely possible that they thought that the album was going to be out before the magazine, and worded it that way. 

EDIT: I found the article. It was published in January. If i'm not mistaken theres often big gaps between the articles being written and the magazines coming out. Still, surprised that an editor didn't catch it. And autoplaying videos make me sad.

I think you are right. I think GW thought it would be out before the magazine article and worded it that way. I still find it very odd that it was originally suppose to be released so soon after American Treasure and still even if released in March is not that long from American Treasure. Just doesn't seem like a Tom Petty way of doing things in my opinion.

On 2/19/2019 at 11:54 AM, tompetty9 said:

I think you are right. I think GW thought it would be out before the magazine article and worded it that way. I still find it very odd that it was originally suppose to be released so soon after American Treasure and still even if released in March is not that long from American Treasure. Just doesn't seem like a Tom Petty way of doing things in my opinion.

Two different labels are involved. Reprise/Warner  released American Treasure and Geffen/Universal are releasing The Best of Everything. Geffen reportedly only agreed to license the early material to Warner if Warner would then consent to them releasing a career-spanning best of.