Sign in to follow this  
nurktwin

Fillmore-Feb 2, 1997

Audio only. 3 hours 7 minutes long.

Set List: (0:00) Around and Around (Chuck Berry Cover) (2:47) Jammin' Me (7:24) Runnin' Down a Dream (13:37) Time Is On My Side (Kai Winding cover) (17:18) Call Me the Breeze (J.J. Cale cover) (22:43) Cabin Down Below (26:24) Diddy Wah Diddy (Bo Diddley cover) (30:35) Slaughter on 10th Avenue (The Ventures cover) (34:00) Listen to Her Heart (37:22) I Won't Back Down (44:11) The Date I Had With That Ugly Homecoming Queen (50:15) I Found My Baby (54:35) It Serves You Right to Suffer (John Lee Hooker cover) (with John Lee Hooker) (59:04) Boogie Chillin' (John Lee Hooker cover) (with John Lee Hooker) (1:07:09) It's Good to Be King (1:19:40) Green Onions (Booker T. and the MG's cover) (1:24:20) You Are My Sunshine (Jimmie Davis cover) (1:26:12) Ain't No Sunshine (Bill Withers cover) (1:30:53) On the Street (1:33:49) I Want You Back Again (The Zombies cover) (1:37:23) Little Maggie (traditional cover) (1:40:32) Walls (1:44:55) Guitar Boogie Shuffle (The Ventures cover) (1:47:56) Even the Losers (1:51:08) American Girl (1:53:55) You Really Got Me (The Kinks cover) (1:56:32) Another Man Done Gone (Vera Hall cover) (2:05:22) You Wreck Me Encore: (2:09:16) Shakin' All Over (Johnny Kidd and The Pirates cover) (2:11:55) Mary Jane's Last Dance (2:22:38) You Don't Know How It Feels (2:29:45) I've Got a Woman (Ray Charles cover) (2:32:50) Free Fallin' (2:38:07) Gloria (Them cover) (2:48:35) Bye Bye Johnny (Chuck Berry cover) (2:52:38) (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction (The Rolling Stones cover) (2:55:36) Louie Louie (Richard Berry cover) (2:59:35) It's All Over Now (The Valentinos cover) (3:04:58) Alright For Now

1 hour ago, Hoodoo Man said:

always love me some John Lee Hooker....   Wish Tom had done an album with him and Heartbreakers... 💘

Tom Petty & the Hookerbreakers?

Those are fun songs, I forget which one or if it were at a different fillmore show but I like when he says something like "Mr. 88 man, I wanna hear from Mr. 88 man, play some boogie...play some funk."

And Benmont answers him.

Definitely one of their best shows and if someone called it their best I don't know I'd disagree.

cheers

2 hours ago, Big Blue Sky said:

I'm not usually one for tracking down bootlegs etc etc & am really appreciating this. 

Thanks!

I'm surprised you don't have this. Heck, I'd be surprised if anyone on this site doesn't have this. Go here, there's at least 5 different versions to choose from. Their longest concert:

https://livepetty.com/1997-2/

I was living in the Grand Canyon National Park when these Fillmore shows took place. A friend recorded the last night on two 90 minute cassettes for me when it was broadcast on the radio and mailed me the tapes. I remember taking a long hike through the Canyon and listening to the whole thing. Then going back to side a of tape 1 and listening to it again!

Oh gosh, I remember this night! The Mr. and I went to the January 15 Fillmore show. On this night, however, we attended a company party in San Carlos. So we are driving home and the show is being broadcast on KFOG, and I thought it would never, ever end. For that reason, I kicked myself repeatedly for going to a lame company party instead of being there for this amazing show. 😩

Thanks, Nurk.

3 minutes ago, wild1forever said:

Oh gosh, I remember this night! The Mr. and I went to the January 15 Fillmore show

What do you remember of the 15th?

4 minutes ago, wild1forever said:

For that reason, I kicked myself repeatedly for going to a lame company party instead of being there for this amazing show. 😩

Been there myself with concert regret for two Pearl Jam concerts, I hear ya!

cheers