Sign in to follow this  
Big Blue Sky

Posting photos...

Hello. Hope you can help.

When I try to attach an image to a post, i go to paperclip icon & "click to choose files" But the next line limits me to "Max total size 0.04MB" That's basically just a thumbnail sized image.

This is something I've only noticed recently.

Is it standard? Maybe my images are larger in recent times? Or have I done something that has triggered this limit? 

Thank you!

hello Mudcrutch, it's me again.  storage attachments worked just great for ages then today it went to this (below) :huh: I guess I'm doing something wrong, but not sure, maybe you can explain / fix / do some magic!

No rush.  All good.  Thanks in advance. 

I guess my question would be - is there a way we can clean up old posts ourselves and delete attachments to free up space?  That's probably better than asking to increase our allotment of space all the time.

1 hour ago, TomFest said:

I guess my question would be - is there a way we can clean up old posts ourselves and delete attachments to free up space?

Oh, is that how this works? I honestly have zero idea of why, but suspect it's something I'm doing "wrong".

If there's the equivalent of an operator's manual somewhere, just show me where it is. I'm totally happy to read up on anything I can fix myself, rather than bothering people. 

3 hours ago, Big Blue Sky said:

hello Mudcrutch, it's me again.  storage attachments worked just great for ages then today it went to this (below) :huh: I guess I'm doing something wrong, but not sure, maybe you can explain / fix / do some magic!

No rush.  All good.  Thanks in advance. 

You hit the limit again so I raised it. Try once more.

1 hour ago, TomFest said:

I guess my question would be - is there a way we can clean up old posts ourselves and delete attachments to free up space?  That's probably better than asking to increase our allotment of space all the time.

I can delete old attachments if you like.

^ It was just a general question. First I'd have to figure out what/where I've left things laying around.  I'm not even sure I could find my own posts easily.  LOL  Lately I've just been trying to point to things hosted elsewhere, which obviously won't use up any space. 

Like this photo that I thought of when I saw how they airbrushed the cigarette out of Tom's hand for the cover photo of the new record.  I could have copied and uploaded it but why, if I can just point to it and not take up disk space here.

Beatles-IWantToHoldYourHandAirbrushed.JP

Hi. thanks!

Qurstion: I want to share my saved copy of a couple albums with someone else via this site. Each songs about 2 to 3 MB, so 2 albums would be eating up attachment allocation like that (snaps fingers). Any other, more efficient, low-tech options available that you'd recommend? 

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Big Blue Sky said:

PS Hope your damaged maple tree's hanging in there until spring.

Thanks for asking. The tree had surgery today and is in recovery.  All signs point to the patient making it to a ripe old age.  And really, the internal cabling that is strung across in a couple of places will be nearly invisible to the eye, and mostly obscured by the branches and leaves. 

Good news about your maple's post-surgery update. About the cabling, well, I lived near an Olympic athletes' training grounds one year & even got to know some of the athletes & coaches. Rapidly came to deeply admire the beauty of the engineering design in their titanium hands & legs & other prothethics. 

This memory puzzle started 'cos i just want to share at least the rarer songs from Playback (with the person from UK who can't find Playback in their local record shops). We have 2 amazing old CD & vinyl shops and a Sat crate dig market - which I have to avoid, they're so good.