MuddyandMagnolia

Tom Petty & THB Artwork created by Fans (For Sale or Just Display)

Hello, as suggested to me by another member, I am starting here the thread of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers artwork - for fans from fans, the best loved creations. 

I am working on a portrait series of Tom, and hoping to make some sales and/or connections, what better place than this? 

Tom_CocaCola_zpso7bolaju.jpg

Coke Brings Life to Rock: Ltd. Ed. prints 5x7 cardstock - $25.00 (S&H is free) 
Message me here for details. 

Let the artwork posting begin! 

6 hours ago, nobodyinparticular said:

Dunno if it really counts, but I like to make glitch art of album covers.

It counts. This is, well, the way I see it, this is a topic for people to post their art/photos freely, it's not a contest, it's meant to be fun and to share one's creativity in whatever form or level it takes.

cheers

I made this using the forum controls. I hope you all enjoy it.

:)

It's a smiley face.

It took me a good half a second, I could've made it faster but I wasn't sure which face to use. There's an entire bank of smiley faces one can access in these reply comments. Some have sunglasses! Well...one. One has sunglasses. I didn't use that one. Maybe I should have. 

All you have to do is click the smiley face image up there. It's really simple. 

Next week...a primer on Italics

cheerio

ciao

3 hours ago, MuddyandMagnolia said:

Of course, seems this thread is dead, without much interest in it

I'm a little surprised but what can you do? Of your two pieces I prefer the first one as an image, the coloring, smile on his face, the long fingers, the lines of his hair and texture on his shirt appeal to me, the background color really makes the red pop! In the second image I like the shading along his nose, his left eye, the smile lines around his mouth/cheek and again the line work that makes up his hair.

I hope you and others post more work here but I understand if it's time to moooove on.

ciao

36 minutes ago, Hoodoo Man said:

I would love to see more of these.

Would a submission made by Tom be OK?  Saw this on FB today. "Drawn and Kissed by TP From Yahoo Celebrity Auction to benefit Elton John's AIDS Foundation"

OH my G-d haha this is too hilarious! I wanna see if I can find another one of Tom's drawings that he did for someone ... 

ANYTHING is welcome here when it comes to fan-art. 

Here's little Everly's fan-art of her much beloved Grandpa ❤️ (sorry for the watermark, I don't have a better image hosting option right now, it's not even my picture!) 

42571052_244544632905221_834447135488632

1 hour ago, MaryJanes2ndLastDance said:

I'm a little surprised but what can you do? Of your two pieces I prefer the first one as an image, the coloring, smile on his face, the long fingers, the lines of his hair and texture on his shirt appeal to me, the background color really makes the red pop! In the second image I like the shading along his nose, his left eye, the smile lines around his mouth/cheek and again the line work that makes up his hair.

I hope you and others post more work here but I understand if it's time to moooove on.

ciao

Many thank yous for your kind words. In fact that means a lot to me. I'm not chucking it all in yet, I was thinking of doing a special illustration for Valentine's Day coming up. I mean ... Heartbreakers - pretty much writes itself

1 hour ago, MaryJanes2ndLastDance said:

Sure why not? The more the merrier!

But I gotta say, that is one ugly doodle.

Surely you jest! Why it looks just like him! ^_^

L'homme c'est rien—l'oeuvre c'est tout,' as Gustave Flaubert wrote to George Sand. . . (man is nothing, art is everything)