Sign in to follow this  
MaryJanes2ndLastDance

New Front Page question

Hi,

I like the image of the band in action, the colors, especially the contrast of the orange/gold lighting and Mike, Tom and Ron, even the little red and green dots are nice but is the front page done?

Because I do miss having the current topics conveniently laid out. I could quickly see what topics are hoppin'.

Is that still to come?

cheers

Yes, the front page will start looking like the old one hopefully this weekend. A redo was necessary as the current system didn't support a front page as it was.

This change will also allow certain content to have a permanent home, such as the super bowl and other videos, bios, etc.

17 minutes ago, Mudcrutch said:

Yes, the front page will start looking like the old one hopefully this weekend. A redo was necessary as the current system didn't support a front page as it was.

This change will also allow certain content to have a permanent home, such as the super bowl and other videos, bios, etc.

Sounds good, thanks!

cheers

Thanks for your hard work, Mudcrutch! Nice photo, layout & design.  As it's at the gateway to the site, it's one of first things new visitors will see.  

Maybe you could also consider some of the other images with all the band (especially Benmont, even though he's off to one side in photos of them playing live). Just personally, I wouldn't want to have choose one definitive photo from 40 busy years, though!

Anyway, thank you so much. :D

On January 10, 2019 at 6:17 PM, Big Blue Sky said:

Maybe you could also consider some of the other images with all the band (especially Benmont, even though he's off to one side in photos of them playing live).

I'll take the minority opinion, I like this image even sans Benmont and Stan, well, Stan's upper body. I just think it's a neat photo; why does everyone have to be there, I say?! WHY! What has Benmont ever done for this band, he just sits around on stage. The others have to stand and actually walk around. Same with Stan, all comfy on his stool. How lazy can they be?

Leave those deadbeats out of it, I say! 

On January 10, 2019 at 9:30 AM, Mudcrutch said:

I like the new look with two columns, live shows etc.

cheers