Sign in to follow this  
Big Blue Sky

California fires

No, I mean, it's really tragic.  I was wondering about Tom's house too.  But yeah, unfortunately it's a fact of life here.  I've come close to evacuating a few times where I live, which isn't even in a high-danger zone.  My heart really aches every time for the people who lost everything.  When your entire town burns to the ground, that must be such a mindfuck, I can't even imagine it.

So sorry to hear that, TomFest! Quite horrible..

Thoughts and prayers to all that got in harms way of any of the raging fires out there. Difficult times.

I myself had to live in a camper for a week back in 2008, evacuated from the s c "Summit Fire". Lots of memories come back to me in times like these. In the end we were lucky, but the devastation to others were endless. Initiated by man or not, the forces of nature are brutal sometimes.

As for Neal Young, mentioned, I did not know that he was back south with his living arrangements. I heard he hook up with Hannah a few years back, but I never heard about him leaving the Broken Arrow Range, near La Honda? (I used to live not too far from there once, as it were.) He surely still lives up there, right? Malibu was a second home of sorts? Not that I care much where Neil Young lives, but Broken Arrow is a very special place... so I was just surprised to learn he lost his "home" in the Woolsey fire... 

22 hours ago, TomFest said:

The wife of one of my bandmates has relatives in Paradise - parents and a sister.  All have lost their homes, and the sister's employer also burned down.   Can you imagine?  Your house and your job?

Absolutely terrible, those poor people.