Sign in to follow this  
RedfordCowboy

Tom Petty called...

Thanks for the tip.  Will check their music myself.  Found this nice image in their instagram feed.  Remind anyone else of Heartbreakers' clubhouse vibe? 

Without the carpet, racks of guitars, sofas, pictures on walls.  But otherwise, you know... ❤️

42839569_338565186703298_372506421372973

I think you found the perfect opening act for the Dirty Knobs national tour... :D   I don't have spotify and there is very little on youtube so i made a rare blind buy on iTunes and its a pretty darn good vibe to the album! Not a bad investment for under $9.... 

Pretty cool album. Certainly a find that rises a few inches above the muck. Thanks for posting!

If GC were influenced by TPATH? I think I hear a few pettyisms in there, yeah. Certainly, they seemed to share an aesthetic interest in guitars with our heroes. Lots of TPATH guitar sounds -there's a RIC hue over a lot of it - and lots of interesting and tasteful guitars to listen too here in general!

What I don't particularly like, is the bland AOR vibe on two or three of the lesser compositions here. Perhaps the glossy production ideals that they seem to roll by, doesn't help. I also think they semi-fail with a lot of the drum sounds. But yeah.. over all a very exciting.  

Most stuff here seem very "inspired" by this or that, helping the album's already somewhat disparate material come off like a virtual sample chart of talent and styles. I do hear Tom Petty in there. I also hear unmistakenly large chunks of Sheryl Crow swagger, Warren Zevon drive as well as a somewhat unexpected appearance of the ghost of Bachman-Turner Overdrive and in the midst of this fantastic, ultra American serving of sounds, a surprisingly awesome, almost Sir Paul:ish take on Mariachi.

It's all positively unoriginally original, so to speak. These guys are master thieves. Standing in The Shadow plays like John Cougar Mellancamp channeling Waiting for Tonight and Oh, Pretty Woman,, right? Made In LA - exactly what Def Leppard would have sounded like if they were American?