Yopietro

Maxwell House

More Fun Facts:  "Maxwell House" sells over a billion dollars worth of their coffee annually.  Clearly all of you haters are wrong about it tasting like ass.    Only the legendary "Folgers" sells more coffee  -  and we all know how great Folgers is.  

Also, the "good to the last drop" slogan was created by none other than President Teddy Roosevelt - one of the most beloved of all U.S. Presidents.  Now, don't you feel ashamed at throwing all this shade at such a fine American institution?

Its far from the greatest but I don't mind drinking what I have, its cheap enough.  Personally I hate starbucks coffee- too bitter for me.  I like Dunkin Donuts- born and raised in MA.  I will drink the tub or two I have and see if the local GS carries Tom's brand of Coffee Bean but I sort of don't think I will go back to the Green Mountain stuff I had been drinking before.  I have noticed its very dependent on measuring the beans accurately with Maxwell...  

Pretty adamant about the Maxwell House coffee thing - and completely contradicted by Adria or Annakim who said he never drank it in his entire life.  I think we need special prosecutor Robert Mueller to investigate "CoffeeGate".  I know he's busy at the moment, but as soon as he's free......

I'm drinking the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf light roast house blend that Dana mentioned that Tom drank in the Facebook thread.  The real Tom Petty brew.   And it's smooth and delicious.  It makes SO much more sense that he was drinking this than Maxwell House. 

...in a Roman Catholic church (bank of votive / prayer candles) & someone curled up against the wall wearing a strappy top? Jeez, that's well outside of usual cultural reference points & more than a little disturbing, seen out of context...

would it be from "Walls", which was full of rich imagery? "Playing Dumb" is the only song I can think of with specific Roman Catholic content & that was later. Whereas, this looks like late 1990s, Wallflowers era Tom Petty. 

Help! Happily, someone will know. Thanks in advance. 

29 minutes ago, Big Blue Sky said:

would it be from "Walls", which was full of rich imagery? "Playing Dumb" is the only song I can think of with specific Roman Catholic content & that was later. Whereas, this looks like late 1990s, Wallflowers era Tom Petty. 

It does look from around that time but I can't see that shot anywhere in my copy of the video.

22 hours ago, Big Blue Sky said:

Help! Happily, someone will know. Thanks in advance. 

It's from the It's Good to be King video.  Go to 3:10 ;)

28 minutes ago, nurktwin said:

Hey Tomfest, did you ever buy that Bunn coffee maker?

Yes, we've been using it for a week or so now.  It does a fine job, but it's kind of funny going back to a coffee maker that all it does is make coffee.  Imagine that.  No clock?  No timer to auto-start at whatever time?  No programming?   Just coffee.  LOL

On 2/23/2019 at 7:53 AM, nurktwin said:

no timer cuz it makes a pot in under 3 minutes. Put on coffee and by the time you get out a cup, it's done.

One thing - it has a slightly smaller capacity than our previous coffee maker - 10 cups.  The other was 12.  My wife gets up very early and leaves for work sometimes before I'm even up.  She can easily knock out a whole pot of coffee, and I'll just typically have 1 cup in the morning.  So really, it's making her cut down a smidge on her coffee intake, if she has to leave a cup for me.  Probably not a terrible thing.   🙂

I watched Good To Be King music video carefully for first time in ages. It's now giving me the 6 a.m. wake-up heeby jeebies two mornings in a row. So: coffee at dawn, always good!  (but only because of waking from unremembered weird dreams)

I never warmed to it back in the day & now I find it seems way more unsettling than any of their other ones. I think it is maybe those staring faces & the flooded post-apocalyptic area where the toy pedal car is pulled out of the water. 

Also, I am a total baby about films with suspense and horror. 

Hats off - that's very purist of you. Added advantage: no barely remembered weird dreams. 

Against that, what about the more recent ones of them playing live in Clubhouse? Do you count them? They're terrific!

I love their earlier MTV music videos. They're mostly awesome & no scantily clad models (unlike others of that era). Highly recommend "Face In A Crowd". Obviously "You Got Lucky " is definition of weird/cool.

I watched the video collection with the fake golf instructor, those videos, watched them for a time then just stopped. I think MJ was the last one I watched and then at some point I just stopped watching them altogether. Live clubhouse vids? Like I Should Have Known It? I think I watched that one, I like live performances even if it's a music video promo.