Sign in to follow this  
chimera

2019 speculation

Okay so it was announced today that Fleetwood Mac will be playing some UK/European dates in June, so...since FM's 2019 NA touring already goes through the first week of April, do we think the Knobs are going to have some activity in January?  Or April/May?  Or will they wait until the late summer/fall to have a longer stretch of time - say, a solid two months of touring?

I would hope the album gets released earlier in the year than later, at the very least.  But I suspect that if the TPATH Best Of Everything has in fact been rescheduled for a February release, then maybe they would wait until April so as not to clash even though it's two different things.

Thoughts?  Rumors (but not Rumours)?  Inside info?

I have no new info to add here, but I just wanted to say  hope you are right chimera and the DK album is released ASAP in 2019! When Mike Campbell walked off the stage of the Hollywood Bowl on the last night of the 2017 TPATH tour, I can't image he thought he'd be this busy moving forward. Between the huge FM tour, the unearthing/producing/coordinating of the TP boxset(s), recording a DK album, and squeezing in DK gigs, his schedule has been and will continue to be packed to the brims!

5 hours ago, High Grass Dog said:

I just wanted to say  hope you are right chimera and the DK album is released ASAP in 2019! 

fingers crossed

ps I'm still finding it hilarious whenever Mike Campbell mentions "The Fleetwood Macks" in his instagram posts 😻 & I'm loving it whenever they mention The Dirty Knobs :wub:  

My best guess is that when the FM tour is completely over, Mike will get together with the Knobs and finish mixing the last 5 or 10 percent of their LP and start the actual LP pressing process to get it released. And that could take months! I'm looking for a DK LP in late summer or fall of 2019.

On January 15, 2019 at 7:10 PM, Big Blue Sky said:

from Mike Campbell's instagram

I think all the instagram bathroom jams and what not are just further proof of where Mike's heart resides, aside from the Heartbreakers. No matter how much fun and enjoyment and perhaps a bit of a challenge it's been filling in with Fleetwood there's nothing like playing songs he had a hand writing in for an appreciative audience. Take a peek at the clips of the Dirty Knobs covering TPATH and despite (or because) of the emotion, Mike seems quite at home, indulging in the more bluesy-jammy side of his playing.

My opinion.

cheers

^^^^ agree! These are so wonderful, (whether joyful or poignant or a bit of both). 

I'm not much for social media, but these short videos are creating some magic... Good to see that he's got a bounce in his step, smile on his face... Also, all those guitars! 

Touring? Recording? Writing? He's so creative & versatile, who knows what musical direction he'll explore next? (I'd love some more slide guitar & blues.) Just hope he has enough hours in his day to do everything!

Mike, Ron, & Steve (with Jason Sinay) will be performing together this weekend for the Imperial Ball Duesenberg Charity Concert!  Last year, he played there with the dirty knobs... can't wait to see what he has in store this year. 

A few tix still available if you're in LA: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs8VhpuhwfJ/ 

On 23 October 2018 at 11:36 AM, chimera said:

Okay so it was announced today that Fleetwood Mac will be playing some UK/European dates in June, so...since FM's 2019 NA touring already goes through the first week of April, do we think the Knobs are going to have some activity in January?  Or April/May?  Or will they wait until the late summer/fall to have a longer stretch of time - say, a solid two months of touring?

I would hope the album gets released earlier in the year than later, at the very least.  

In very recent Reverb interview posted elsewhere on Mudcrutch Farm, Mike Campbell says their Dirty Knobs album is almost finished & he's very excited about it & they want to release it by  of the year ie 2019 & then tour‼️. 🐝💂 🐾🐊 <--- that's a rather terrible emoji of someone wearing a very large hat. Couldn't find a better one for our favourite hat-wearing dread-locked guitarist. 

Just got around to reading the Variety article and Mike mentions the DK in it towards the end.   I think Mike will be kept really busy for a very long time between legacy Heartbreakers projects, the Mac and DK. **

https://variety.com/2019/music/news/tom-petty-heartbreakers-daughters-discuss-the-best-of-everything-1203153619/

Campbell: I wouldn’t have joined another band if the Heartbreakers were still together. That’s just not the way I work. So (Fleetwood Mac) could only have happened if the band had broken up or stopped completely —or what did happen. Yeah, I’m still grieving. I’ll be grieving a long time. And it’s hard. But I guess to have something that’s really time-consuming that occupies your energy is helpful in the grieving process, yeah. And we do play “Free Fallin;” every night in the set, and it’s very emotional and very sweet, and a great tribute to my friend. So, grief – this is going to be a long one for me, but it took 50 years of getting close. I’m just going through it, but I’m doing okay. I’m happy to have the work, I’ll tell you that. I’m grateful, very grateful, for the way things are working out for me right now.

I’ll be on tour with (Fleetwood Mac) till September. When that’s done, I have an album that’s nearly finished of my little side project, a band called the Dirty Knobs, which I’ve had for 12, 15 years, and we would always play between Heartbreakers tours. I had always intended to explore that when the Heartbreakers would wind down. I didn’t expect them to wind down the way they did, but there’s now time for me to follow through on that. The Fleetwood Mac Australia tour ends some time in September, and I’m sure — I pray — we’re going to take a break. [Chuckle.] And then I’ll have time to rest and then focus 100 percent on my band.

I love those guys (in Fleetwood Mac). It’s been the most wonderful experience for me. They have amazing songs. We get along really well. Neil Finn is like a brother to me; we really connected, and everyone is having such a blast. So I’m open to anything they want to do. We’ll take a break and see what Stevie’s up to and what everyone else wants to do. And if they want to do some recording, I would definitely be into that, if we can get some good songs together. There are no specific plans of anything yet; we’ve got to get through this tour in one piece.

** God it sucks to type, or think in terms of legacy projects... :( 

I see FM rescheduled the Boston show for 10/28 so it looks like he is tied up for most of this year with them.  Cant wait for a chance to see Mike in a smaller venue again and not pay an arm and a leg for a ticket.  I'm hopeful the DK tour will mimic the Mudcrutch show and come to the House of Blues Boston or similar venue... 

1 hour ago, Hoodoo Man said:

I see FM rescheduled the Boston show for 10/28 so it looks like he is tied up for most of this year with them.  Cant wait for a chance to see Mike in a smaller venue again and not pay an arm and a leg for a ticket.  I'm hopeful the DK tour will mimic the Mudcrutch show and come to the House of Blues Boston or similar venue... 

Yeah, as far as I'm concerned, this Fleetwood Mac tour, and MC's involvement with the band, can't end soon enough.

Oh well, counting our blessings? This Fleetwood Mac involvement has Mike Campbell touring widely & they are booked to play in a venue in my town. Oh yes, in my town. I doubt The Dirty Knobs will ever play here, though it'd be great if they ever do. We all know people who fly hours for a chance to see their favourite musicians play, so for Mike Campbell to be coming here is still my best news of the year... pretty much unbelievable.:lol: Also, I imagine our local vintage guitar shops & vinyl shops will be sending their nicest samples to his hotel in the hope he might be keen to increase his collection.