Sign in to follow this  
MaryJane0612

Desert Island Disc

Ok folks, a Mafia Don's henchman is holding a gun to your head, forcing you onto your knees and demanding that you chuck away your entire TP and associated collection, bar one song....or else

What is that song that saves your life. Your favourite one..  

Mine is still MJLD :)

You're asking what is the one definitive Tom Petty song.  I guess for me it's probably "Refugee".  Although "American Girl" is a close 2nd. But how the hell did I get mixed up with a Mafia Don's henchman?  Damn, I need to more careful.  And Nurk, WTF?

Just shoot me.  I cant pick just one.

For the record a Desert Island Disc is a full CD, with that as the criteria I would keep wildflowers.  If its one collection I might go with the live anthology or An American Treasure with a slight leaning toward the later BANG   

dang, shoulda thunk quicker... 

2 hours ago, MaryJane0612 said:

Ok folks, a Mafia Don's henchman is holding a gun to your head, forcing you onto your knees and demanding that you chuck away your entire TP and associated collection, bar one song....or else

Sweat drips into my eyes  blurring my vision, the metal of the gun cold on my forehead, shaking against my skin. 

What song? Mary Janes Last Dance? Running Down A Dream? How To Construct A Boat From Coconut Trees & Shoelaces? Wait, is that really a Tom Petty song? Bet they never played it live. 

"Give me your answer," the Mafia Don's henchman says in a surprisingly husky voice from the shadows. I can't make out his face but he sure is curvy for a Mafia Don henchman. 

The gun shakes even more...shakes...hold on, why is the gun shaking? From the corner of my eye I see a delicate smooth hand barely holding onto the weapon, much too small to be a Mafia Don's henchman. 

I squint and look closer. It's not a Mafia Don henchman after all but that cute girl who lives down the hall. Cute n' crazy apparently. I quickly knock the gun away (turns out the safety was on the whole time and it was unloaded) and pull her into a clinch. 

"I Don't Wanna Fight!" I kiss her. "I'm a luvva luvva luvaa," I croon. 

Instantly taken with my charms we make love all night. During one of our intermissions I ask her what her favorite TPATH album is.

"That's Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers."

"Ha ha, I know that!" She playfully pinches my chest. 

"So, which is it?"

"Greatest Hits! It's my favorite."

I kick her out before morning.

I'd have to say Free Fallin because as soon as the gun man hears the first couple of notes he'll immediately drop his gun, reach into his hip pocket for his lighter, proceed to spark up said lighter as he raises both hands in the air and start swaying his hips from side to side. This would give me time to retrieve the gun from the ground, shoot the cd player playing Free Fallin and then shoot the gun man.(strictly in that order)

I'd then be rescused by Two Gunslingers

Oh baby I'm Free.....Free Fallin :)