Sign in to follow this  
nurktwin

Fun with TPATH

On October 10, 2018 at 12:12 AM, Big Blue Sky said:

just instant coffee

What do you drink? There aren't a lot of decent instant coffees. I've had Taster's choice and surprisingly Starbucks instant is better than the stuff in their actual coffeshops. I have to dump copious amounts to get some taste. Trader Joe's brand was disappointing and Kava wasn't that good either. Folger's is just not worth it, and Maxwell House just a step above that.

On October 9, 2018 at 5:14 PM, chimera said:

This is Part One:

I feel for Stan, it must have been quite the challenge, let alone as Tom describes, pulling his sticks out of mud. And yet, those isolated drums sound so damn good. This whole mini-documentary of the making of the records is really interesting, to hear the different parts of the song I wasn't aware of and hearing how they all fit together. Something like this for every record would be fun to watch. 

What's so good is the way the band did so much with simplicity; oddly enough reminds me of the Ramones, so much power in keeping rock songs simple. 

cheers

12 minutes ago, chimera said:

Nescafe isn't too terrible, depending on which type you get - IMO.

I try to make it nice and muddy (no pun intended) by using a lot of the powder and less hot water so it has a thicker, more bitter taste. I do use Nescafe Classico Dark Roast as well, same thing. Some instants are so terrible and chemical in taste it's not worth it. Right now I'm enjoying real brewed dark coffee and it's quite the reminder at the gulf between instant and real coffee.

cheers