Sign in to follow this  
Hoodoo Man

WTH??? Best of everything 11/9/18??

3 hours ago, chimera said:

3) The family and band mates (and me) were involved in the track selection and order.

I hope it's not just box sets in the future or padding discs out with deep cuts.

I'd prefer unreleased tracks either grouped chronologically to show progression or fit together as an album would. If it is box sets then good thing libraries get copies.

cheers

I've been thinking about how much I like the "alternate'" tracks on AAT and it would be fun to have an Alternate version of one of the Iovine trilogy, much like The Alternate Tusk that was released as part of the Tusk Deluxe Edition in 2015.

^ A few reasons probably - there are completists out there that just need to have everything.  And these songs are all remastered, I believe. There will be a hi-res version I'm sure, so the typical compression applied to music in the last 30 years will be (mostly) removed - which should reveal nuances that weren't audible before.  And yes, the 2 new songs will be enough for many people to justify the purchase. 

I'm just spitballing, and I haven't decided if I'm buying or not, but I might.  In reality, this set is geared toward people that don't have everything already, and maybe never saw the band in concert. 

2 hours ago, TomFest said:

^ A few reasons probably - there are completists out there that just need to have everything.  And these songs are all remastered, I believe. There will be a hi-res version I'm sure, so the typical compression applied to music in the last 30 years will be (mostly) removed - which should reveal nuances that weren't audible before.  And yes, the 2 new songs will be enough for many people to justify the purchase. 

I'm just spitballing, and I haven't decided if I'm buying or not, but I might.  In reality, this set is geared toward people that don't have everything already, and maybe never saw the band in concert. 

Fair enough.

cheers

On 10/9/2018 at 6:10 PM, TomFest said:

New liner notes, too. That's not a big deal for most, but it may help tip a few completists and Cameron Crowe fans toward a purchase.

On 10/20/2018 at 2:07 PM, livin´thing68 said:

The Best of Everything New release Date 02/01/19

Its still listed as the original date on Amazon and Tompetty.com  The Vinyl  is listed as 12/7/18.... where did you see that it was delayed?  I would be glad to see it delayed to give AAT more time to get out there, its a far superior package to the regurgitation. greatest hits..