MuddyandMagnolia

Photo of the Day IV: Don't it feel like Heaven

Hey, thought I'd start a fresh thread, as the other one is quite long, and we're five days away from the Autumn Solstice my friends. 

Let's see what I have in my pocket today kiddies ... a-ha, here it is! 

HOP'N GATOR: Alcoholic Lemon-Lime Gatorade 

Hopn%20Gator_zpst6gnpwxc.jpg  Here you'll find a fine article on the subject: Hop'N Gator Left Mark on Charleston Beer Market

Why am I posting it you ask? 

Good question. 

Because while I was perusing my Mudcrutch images today for fun, I came upon this image. . . see if you can find the reference.

Cgagyo-UMAAoS4A_zpsllzbufd0.jpg

And that my friends, is history in action! (The More you Know!) 

And another one also from Annakim's instagram vvvv

ok, update on "punk" cards project, I have been looking online for contact details of the music promoter who put his "punk" bubblegum card images online (on his instagram). At this stage I can only find social media (twitter etc) contact options.  I'll look a little more & see if there's an actual physical address or email.  I'd like to write privately (not on social media) and really nicely ask if he might possibly share some higher resolution photos of the cards with us / other people who share his love for Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.  I'll have some spare time in the next week but have none at the moment.

40484861_2116231685075615_3300791743007949101_n.jpg

Does his shirt say Florida? Is the Pope into robes? Hell yes that says Florida! Go Gators 🐊 

Also the cane = photo shoot prop, probably belonged to the photographer, whereas the Pepsi in this shoot was probably brought in by Tom. If I recall right, the photographer was nervous, and Tom was nothing but nice, and helpful, Ain’t got no quotes or links though 😉

Furthermore, don’t bust your hump runnin down someone online, Chasing mostly brings heartache. Not saying they won’t reply, but like my 77’ performance on OGWT, poor quality might just be the best you get lest you find someone else with the cards. It’s a strange world, nothing’s impossible. 

All of your help though, is greatly appreciated.

E4D756F7-0CD9-4562-976A-D6E9E6E1A0C6.jpeg.38cab29bdcd7a91fd27534c3b39bd9a4.jpeg

On 9/20/2018 at 11:23 PM, MuddyandMagnolia said:

That’s ok neither is my sister 

Yes she is ...she's your biggest fan ! She's just had some difficulty with some things for a while . The healing process takes time when your dealing with such a delicate organ . Your very intelligent so I think you may understand when we're talking about the brain . It's such a neat thing really . I know there was s tremendous amount of damage from the storms !!! But I'm ok and doing a lot better today . Sometimes when there's healing and crosstalk...omg ...lots of crosstalk ! All she hears is people gossiping too...so there's that . So ..but anyway sometimes I think that a wide variety of music helps her somehow . Idk...but it's a real pain in the ars! Or so she said . She has good and bad days.  Idk why . But it's the brain so go figure !! But I really think in all she's shown a great improvement over all . But she told me to tell you that she loves and respects you very deeply ! In a way that she feels about no other !!!! Because nothing compares 2 U !! 😎🎶🤘💞💑😇

On 9/20/2018 at 11:23 PM, MuddyandMagnolia said:

That’s ok neither is my sister 

Sometimes it takes her a while to figure things out too though.  She had a lot on her plate honey.....i mean A LOT!  She's very sorry and she never meant to hurt you ....peace ...love...and hope baby 🤘😍😇💝💞

In today's Seattle Times, there was a story about the passing of a long time radio DJ in Seattle - Norm Gregory.  I remember him well from the 70's.  Along with the story was this picture from June of 1978.  There is no Tom Petty concert listed in the famous "gigography" file, but he played Portland on June 14th, and Vancouver BC on the 15th.  Probably played Seattle directly before or after those 2 dates.

1853710613_TomPettyNormGregory-June1978.jpg.238504cdb7660410f874a891c08cd2bd.jpg

3 minutes ago, Big Blue Sky said:

Martina? Iggy Pop? Eye-roll at journos for a quick moment.  

Just 'cos he's got beautiful blond hair & killer bone structure doesn't mean he looks like anyone else.  He looks like his own unique self.

My mother dated a man who looked EXACTLY like Tom Petty, and sorry but like I stated previous message, Martina's got that manly look about her ... no worries

Iggy Pop can go crawl in a ditch and ... well I won't go on, I have very strong opinions about this ******-canoe. 

But movin' on folks. 

gallery_31_6_1394507373_4266_zps8kqge75g