Hoodoo Man

Wildflowers BOX set and Filmore release potential!

Well, I'm glad to here Adria call the lawsuits a 'nothing burger' and that she and Dana get along etc.  Sadly I wonder how true it is as incidentally I used to see Dana and Annikim cross liking each others post on Instagram but I haven't seen that since word of the lawsuits was out at all. I have a lot of respect for Adria, Anakim and Dana as from what I have seen they all seem like kind genuine people on FB and Insta etc. as well as in published interviews.  It would be great to see either of these releases as the Fillmore shows were simply amazing from what I have heard in bootlegs from both soundboard and audience recordings, I for one would totally be up for a ridiculous box set of all 20 nights, better would be release of individual shows over a period of time like Pearl Jam did some time ago for a bunch of shows.  As for All the Rest I will be happy with anything they have to offer and I would geek out for a box but a double album so to speak will do me fine as well...  I'd love to hear the unreleased tracks and fresh mixes on the rest...  Easily one of my all time favorite albums of any artist as it already stands.

On May 10, 2019 at 9:25 AM, Hoodoo Man said:

better would be release of individual shows over a period of time like Pearl Jam did some time ago for a bunch of shows.  A

If they have these shows recorded, it would be good if they released a show from each tour with a bonus disc of the one-off or deep cuts they rarely played from that tour. And if not enough for a whole disc then at least a few bonus tracks.

I suppose it's good the last Fillmore was broadcast and exists out there in such good quality for free as it was one of their best concerts. 

cheers

as I understand it all the Fillmore shows and basically all live shows for Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers had soundboard recordings for every show from some point around 97 forward. I believe a few of the Fillmore shows are not circulating actively so it would certainly make a really nice present to the fans to release the shows.  The last show from the Fillmore really deserves a proper release so that casual fans that are not aware of Dime a dozen type sites can enjoy the show too. :)  

I dont even know where to post this but as All The Rest is sort of my baby..... 

https://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/ny-tom-petty-trust-dispute-explodes-again-20190530-enb4ex73efgudekwwqxtjaz2ly-story.html

this kind of crushes my soul. 😢

Petty’s widow Dana, 54, filed new court paperwork Wednesday alleging her stepdaughter Adria, 44, was undermining Petty’s legacy with “unconscionable” actions such as pushing the consumer products plan, demanding a rented office she later abandoned and unilaterally rejecting “a lucrative offer" for an anniversary box set honoring her dad’s iconic Wildflowers album.

“Adria wanted to authorize Tom’s name and likeness to be used to promote products akin to Paul Newman, whose face adorns bottles of salad dressing and so on. But Tom would never have permitted such a thing,” the lengthy filing obtained by the Daily News said.

“He never ‘sold out’ while he was alive and refused to do any such thing despite numerous opportunities,” the filing said.

In terms of music, Dana said in her filing that her husband’s longtime engineer and co-producer Ryan Ulyate found a “treasure trove” of demos and home recordings created during the 1992 to 1994 era when Petty was recording Wildflowers, his most popular studio album....

She said Ulyate has been preparing rough mixes of potential tracks suitable for release and that Warner Bros. Records offered to pay a $500,000 advance to include the tracks in a special Wildflowers boxed set commemorating the album’s 25th anniversary.

Dana said estimated royalties from the boxed set could bring in an additional $600,000, leaving the trust in a position to possibly split a total of more than $1 million with Petty’s former wife Jane, who owns 50% of his most valuable copyrights pursuant to the couple’s divorce agreement.

With that offer on the table, Adria allegedly texted the trust’s key representative at Warner Bros. to say she was “disappointed” with the proposal and had no interest in reissuing Wildflowers even though Petty himself began planning the anniversary album before his death, the paperwork claimed.

4 hours ago, Hoodoo Man said:

With that offer on the table, Adria allegedly texted the trust’s key representative at Warner Bros. to say she was “disappointed” with the proposal and had no interest in reissuing Wildflowers even though Petty himself began planning the anniversary album before his death, the paperwork claimed.

Sorry Hoodoo Man. Maybe this is just lawyer tactics to try to get a maximum payday since it's one of Tom's most popular records. I'd be surprised if this is never released; hang in there.

4 hours ago, Hoodoo Man said:

but as All The Rest is sort of my baby

Wow! Are you sure? I heard there's some good paternity tests out there, wouldn't hurt to double check.

As I was about to sit down and sip some non-Maxwell House coffee it occurred to me to once again return to the point that ALL THE REST should be the next release. 

1) Supposedly Tom had it completed (or close to?) before his death.

2) The Anniversary of it is coming up in the Fall

3) It is, as far as we know, the one definite project Tom mentioned and wanted to have released.

---All it would take is to release it in the form he wanted as a affordable single or double disc release. If there's some behind the scenes footage use some of that in promotion, maybe pick a new song as an attempt at a single and have it in stores by the time of its anniversary. It'll carry over into the Christmas shopping season as well.

4) Don't muddle the  issue with even more tracks found by Ryan; save those for another release, just go with what Tom wanted. Simple.

Unless there's some strange unknown reason why this hasn't happened, it goes to show how messed up things are behind the scenes, aside from the lawsuits.

Rant done.

Peace.

Yeah... really.. what are the chances of vegetarians making some noisette, anyway? Even the lobsters? All you can curry..?? Anything that's Casseroll's fine...

Oh, coffee, you say. Right you are! Too good to be brew (and probably so unwhipped, that it's probably whipped, so to speak..) but I really feel they need to take a break and focus on what matters: Baked goods. Quit acting like two bunslingers, already! Give me some sugar! I need to feel a whole lot butter about this whole thing. It's bake up time! American cream, plan B. Official Live' Egg. Almonds or nothing - just go nuts with the wildflours in the mix - when we're yeast expecting it. Don't tell me it's the wrong thing to dough. It's the zest of everything, I say, could be the only thing that's meal.. Just into the great wide oven with the old forgotten pan. I knead to know that there's gonna be something good coming. I don't wanna fight, I'm a baklava, lava lava… I'm a victim of cookie pans. Louisiana grain is sprinkled at my feet. I've been wrapped up in confection, I've been tied down to my bread.. So, let's get to the point, let's cinnamon roll another joint. This is a good sweet! If you don't know how it feels, then just talk to the girl on ascorbic acid. She's gonna listen to her tart.. Cake that connection!

Hungry no more

Moonpie 

^ Ok, great. Perhaps if you could help work some Snickerdoodles in there, that would be awesome. I'm off the crackers here..

In all seriousness, it's not me needing help though. 

On 6/5/2019 at 6:10 AM, MaryJanes2ndLastDance said:

Yes, there's no topping "baklava, lava lava."

Yes, I raise my g̶l̶a̶s̶s̶ ceramic mug (only $24.99)!

5AD8C617-10FE-4529-83B7-0A47BD343479.jpeg

Ooh ^^^^

hey, wanna know something weird? Has this happened to anyone else recently? I went to the store part of the tompetty.com site (for vinyl! honest!) but it suddenly redirected me to a giant Warner Brothers super-store. 

4 hours ago, bonddm said:

Yes, I raise my g̶l̶a̶s̶s̶ ceramic mug (only $24.99)!

Hmm. I like the color scheme but think the base should be wider/larger. I like the handle visually though I don't think it's practical. However, it is no way worth that amount of money (plus shipping?). It's a mug. It's not worth that cost even if you drink Maxwell House out of it.

Very punny... Here's a link to some older, happier news from golden era before stuff hit fan... fromum, dunno, maybe 6 months ago?  Interview with Rick Rubin on Broken Record podcast. If link doesn't happen to work, you can find this wherever you access podcasts. (This has very possibly already been posted somewhere here. Maybe even by me. :lol:)

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/broken-record/e/57883752

• Recording Mary Jane's Last Dance and Greatest Hits
  • Songs (lots of covers) being recorded & used soon afterwards in Playback boxset. 
  • Interviewer is puzzled: Music versus writing ... With writing, everything is used. With music, it seems okay to create / record but then discard? Wtf? Rubin responds with interesting ideas about creative process.
  • Tom Petty's project of creating album of songs from Wildflowers sessions (i.e. what folks like us are calling All The Rest.)
  • Rubin talks about those songs as being selected & mixed & the album as a finished thing.
  • Interviewer saying he & Rubin listened to the as-yet-unreleased album via Rubin's mobile phone.

(So, disclaimer, I'm joking, obviously, this is not what I'm planning to do.)

• Plan - access Rick Rubin's phone and liberate All The Rest