Sign in to follow this  
Hoodoo Man

Wildflowers BOX set and Filmore release potential!

yeah I would not expect either of these to be on the shelves this year, 2019 seems much more reasonable if they want to do things right and I can say for sure they seem to want to do things right with Toms legacy. :) 

19 hours ago, TomFest said:

At this point, doesn't it make sense to wait until 2019 for a 25th Anniversary release of Wildflowers? 

Actually, yeah.. Or at this point, why not save it for 2024? We are so used to the idea of waiting for it, that actually releasing would be too obvious.

20 hours ago, TomFest said:

At this point, doesn't it make sense to wait until 2019 for a 25th Anniversary release of Wildflowers?  The "Super Deluxe" career retrospective is out in a couple of weeks, and that should keep us busy at least through the holidays.

yeah, 25th anniversay box set of wildflowers audio and video (i think that have a video too, i see something in Youtube)

On September 11, 2018 at 12:28 PM, Hoodoo Man said:

I just hope this does not mean they disappear if they don't release every show in their entirety which I would gladly pay for.  

My opinion: I hope if they release the Fillmore they do a Live Anthology take on it but with an eye towards releasing every single deep cut played, even if it was only once, even if they don't think it was the best version, in addition to including the standard hits. That is if they don't just release the whole thing which seems like overkill to me as there will be a lot of repetition on it.

I think it would be cool if they offered a free download show from their tours every so often, just as a freebie thank you to the fans.

And finally I think they should release a double live album of the last night with a third bonus disc of the deep cuts or one time only plays they did from the tour from different dates.

And rounding it off, a DVD of the last night as well.

Anyway, I'm sure they'll be releasing some live stuff, if Tom was already planning or leaning towards the Fillmore I'm sure that will happen. It seems like they are first going to follow through on what he planned on doing before venturing further, aside from this boxset which feels like the family's tribute to their Father/Husband.

cheers

For what it matters, if someone posts a recording on dimeadozen that includes an officially released track, they just omit the released tracks. (This is the reason I have several different versions of the 1993 Gainesville homecoming show.) So I wouldn't worry about the shows vanishing completely.