Sign in to follow this  
chimera

New interview with Benmont

Incredible interview. You feel the love and admiration Benmont has for all his bandmates, especially Stan and Howie.

I love the "Elvis in Bondage" story. 🤣

I was shocked to hear about Benmont's cancer scare, but he seems to be ok. And hopefully will be for a long long time.

43 minutes ago, MaryJanes2ndLastDance said:

Chimera,

Made me feel a bit sad for Stan, especially when Benmont mentions Iovine. Glad Benmont and Stan are still friends.

That was one of the parts where I got so emotional!  But yes, I'm glad they're still friends too.

Thank you for posting that! That interview was simply amazing! I could really listen to Benmont talk forever. Very happy to hear he is planning to record a new solo album this fall. Besides that, some really cool (and some really sad) stuff about Echo, TP's passing, rehab, Stan vs. Steve, and much more. One thing I learned is that Benmont really likes to refer to people as "cat." 😄

Benmont, if you're reading this, one request: WRITE A BOOK!

7 minutes ago, High Grass Dog said:

One thing I learned is that Benmont really likes to refer to people as "cat." 😄

That's a thing both he and Stan do, I've always wondered if it goes back to either the era they came from or Stan's love of Sammy Davis Jr.

Also wanted to squee about Benmont calling Danny Carey "a genius" because Danny is my boy!  Well, I have a lot of favorite drummers but I know Danny and he's a sweetheart so I was all, "Awwww!"

Think this interview might be the first time I have heard anyone mention anything about the future of the Heartbreakers. I was wondering if there had been any discussions about it or what they might want to do. 

Finally got around to hear this thing start to finish.. Fantastic, thanks for posting!

Always loved Ben and I seem to share most of his sentiments. He's such a wonderful man, his head as well screwed on as his playing is perfect! The part about Echo and Howie is such a powerful listen here.. but the thing is full of goodies. Again, thanks! (Dean, though.. I don't know..)

On 7/24/2018 at 4:38 PM, High Grass Dog said:

Benmont, if you're reading this, one request: WRITE A BOOK!

Yes! That!

7 hours ago, Shelter said:

(Dean, though.. I don't know..)

Yeah you know...he gets really good people on his podcast and good interviews from them, though, so I'm willing to endure him, so to speak.