Sign in to follow this  
bonddm

Mudcrutch ‎– The Very Best Performances From The 2016 Mudcrutch Tour

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsw5pIP0vlQb6Y7WT37Ux

Seeing as how this appears to be no longer available, I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to steer me in the right direction of a link for this?

I never joined the Highway Companions club as it was quite an expensive proposition for a fan residing in Australia, not to mention the fact that their last tour here was 1986!

Thanks in advance.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I also would very much love to have a copy of this if anyone can point me towards one. I have sampled of the bootleg concert recordings pointed out above, but sound quality on those is muddy at best. I'd been holding out hope for a Record Store Day release or something like that since I'd gladly pay for this, but it's safe to say now that won't be happening.

Aside from the fact that such a release would once again screw the HCC exclusive beneficiaries, I think this would be the perfect RSD 2019 release! Too bad that it's kinda late for that now, supposedly. Oh well. Maybe next year.  

The HCC is a thing of the past.  They've left it to die on the vine while Instagram, Twitter, and the beloved Facebook are now king.  There are still a few hangers-on over there, but virtually nobody posting in the forum anymore.  Membership has been closed for years, so obviously there is no intention to grow or even revive it.  The intent is clear. 

Even though I paid for memberships and the rights to receive those live exclusives, etc, I have no problem with them being freely shared now.

51 minutes ago, TomFest said:

The HCC is a thing of the past.  They've left it to die on the vine while Instagram, Twitter, and the beloved Facebook are now king.  There are still a few hangers-on over there, but virtually nobody posting in the forum anymore.  Membership has been closed for years, so obviously there is no intention to grow or even revive it.  The intent is clear. 

Even though I paid for memberships and the rights to receive those live exclusives, etc, I have no problem with them being freely shared now.

well, at least they are still showing us some love there with early access to FM and Ben's shows..  Its really sad how abandoned the board over there feels considering what it is. :( 

33 minutes ago, TomFest said:

Yeah, I'm with you. Similar story for me. (Although, I left while ship was still somewhat afloat.) Just meant that from the start, every bait, every "exclusive" offered, was soon made generally available. So, mainly I was being sarcastic... for this one to face the same destiny, at this late point in history, is certainly not a big deal. On the contrary - it's the standard operating procedure of business and very expected.*

Either way, bring it on I say.

------

* Still - the honor, theoretically of course, has to do with the "promise"/"deal" made back when, in each case. Not about the club being defunct now. It was said to be exclusive but it never was.)

You know the best place for new information these days is the Tom Petty 2019 thread at the Steve Hoffman forum.  If you don't know that place, skeedaddle over there and check it out.  There is a forum resident named "McCool" that you'll want to follow.   And hey!  Our own Amy and her "The Petty Archives" got a shout-out today from McCool in that thread.  

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/tom-petty-heartbreakers-2019-thread.799609/

7 hours ago, Hoodoo Man said:

Its really sad how abandoned the board over there feels considering what it is. :( 

I was never a member of the HCC but for a brief time I joined the official forum; that ended when they made it official HCC members only or paid members anyway. 

7 hours ago, Shelter said:

* Still - the honor, theoretically of course, has to do with the "promise"/"deal" made back when, in each case. Not about the club being defunct now. It was said to be exclusive but it never was.)

I understand letting things slide after some amount of time goes by but if the HCC didn't live up to whatever you were paying for, that's too bad.

1 hour ago, TomFest said:

Steve Hoffman forum.  If you don't know that place, skeedaddle over there and check it out.  There is a forum resident named "McCool" that you'll want to follow. 

I check that place out from time to time, about TPATH and other bands. McCool does seem to be someone with an inside track possibly but I don't follow his/her posts too closely to know. It's a good forum.

cheers

8 hours ago, TomFest said:

They've left it to die on the vine while Instagram, Twitter, and the beloved Facebook are now king. 

I'm not surprised if a paying forum decays with time but instagram, Twitter and Facebook are not places for the type of in-depth discussions you get from here or other forums. 

cheers

Yeah, Hoffman forum is a great place for a lot of stuff. Amidst all the guessing some real interesting stuff and credible news. The sheer activity and span of issues of the place, brings out a few really knowledgeable guys. I'd missed following up on that TP19 thread though, so thanks for the reminder!

11 hours ago, TomFest said:

And hey!  Our own Amy and her "The Petty Archives" got a shout-out today from McCool in that thread.  

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/tom-petty-heartbreakers-2019-thread.799609/

Nice! I just checked that out. Hopefully more people from there will check out Amy's work on that site!

14 hours ago, TomFest said:

And hey!  Our own Amy and her "The Petty Archives" got a shout-out today from McCool in that thread.  

3 hours ago, MaryJanes2ndLastDance said:

Nice! I just checked that out. Hopefully more people from there will check out Amy's work on that site!

Oh wow!

Also, it's Aimee, but that spelling's sort of stupid. I've been going more and more by my first name, Brianna, for some time now. (Aimee's a middle name.)