jtx84

TP Radio (XM) Special Announcement this week

just got this from Live Nation:

Exclusive Offer for Live Nation Customers

An American Treasure - a career-spanning Tom Petty box set -
will be released on September 28.

The 60-track set unveils dozens of previously unreleased recordings, alternate versions of classic songs, rarities, historic live performances and deep tracks. An American Treasure marks the first release of Tom Petty music since the artist’s tragic passing in October 2017.

As an exclusive offer, pre-order any format of An American Treasure from
Tom Petty’s webstore and receive a digital download of one of Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers’ most legendary early gigs: Official Live ‘Leg - recorded in Boston in December 12, 1976.

Use code TRE45URE at checkout and receive your free download on release date!

53 minutes ago, Hoodoo Man said:

just got this from Live Nation:

Exclusive Offer for Live Nation Customers

An American Treasure - a career-spanning Tom Petty box set -
will be released on September 28.

The 60-track set unveils dozens of previously unreleased recordings, alternate versions of classic songs, rarities, historic live performances and deep tracks. An American Treasure marks the first release of Tom Petty music since the artist’s tragic passing in October 2017.

As an exclusive offer, pre-order any format of An American Treasure from
Tom Petty’s webstore and receive a digital download of one of Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers’ most legendary early gigs: Official Live ‘Leg - recorded in Boston in December 12, 1976.

Use code TRE45URE at checkout and receive your free download on release date!

OK I tried to do this, I DIDN'T get any place to enter a code, how will I know if I get it ... OMG Wait until September X_x *passes out* 

9 minutes ago, MuddyandMagnolia said:

OK I tried to do this, I DIDN'T get any place to enter a code, how will I know if I get it ... OMG Wait until September X_x *passes out* 

there was a button in the checkout to add a coupon or discount code.  You need to click it to make that code box appear,  I'd imagine if you email customer support they can take care of you. 

tp.png

Just now, seltaeb said:

I didn't enter the Live Nation code, but already got the digital download. (I ordered the Super Deluxe set directly from tp.com). In the email confirmation, you get a link to the digital download. It's already in my iTunes. ;) 

Well Sugar Honey Iced Tea, 😠 I didn't see that ... musta been struck blind with giddiness which is irritating. Although thank you, that's a great idea to contact customer service, because I had this code all ready to go... I love the single consciousness of the Mudcrutch Farm here, there's always someone who can help with what I'm missing. 

I too bought Super Deluxe direct from tp.com ... but did not get this as digi-download 😕 I will be much disappointed if I miss out on something. 

That super deluxe price point would make more sense to me if it included a blu-ray disc of everything - like the Live Anthology deluxe package did.  Where is the blu-ray?  I'm not buying the deluxe package just yet.  Blu-ray please!

32 minutes ago, MuddyandMagnolia said:

Well Sugar Honey Iced Tea, 😠 I didn't see that ... musta been struck blind with giddiness which is irritating. Although thank you, that's a great idea to contact customer service, because I had this code all ready to go... I love the single consciousness of the Mudcrutch Farm here, there's always someone who can help with what I'm missing. 

I too bought Super Deluxe direct from tp.com ... but did not get this as digi-download 😕 I will be much disappointed if I miss out on something. 

Check your confirmation email. The digital download link is in there. I never entered any code, yet I already got the download.

6 minutes ago, MaryJanes2ndLastDance said:

Am I reading this right? $299?

When I ordered, I had to enter a phone number, and that action somehow added a 2nd Super Deluxe set, so I had to change the quantity back to 1, then it was $149 again.

11 hours ago, Shelter said:

For me: The unrleased studio tracks are tremendously interesting

Hopefully next archival release of unreleased tracks (aside from All The Rest) will be a disc of previously unheard music and not a box set jammed with filler.

And if they do the fancy  box set for All The Rest hopefully they'll include the single album of the All The Rest songs on its own. I just feel these box sets gouge fans whether they can afford it or not. I can't be excited about getting to purchase a collection with When The Time Comes studio version on it...I own the damn thing already!

12 minutes ago, seltaeb said:

Check your confirmation email. The digital download link is in there. I never entered any code, yet I already got the download.

Geeehnrrrgh!!! 

All they can do is cancel my order and I can re-place it - if I don't get the same price, availability etc. there's gonna be hell to pay (I paid $149 as well, but that my friends was enough) 

MaryJ - are you saying that you don't believe this is a good box set deal? 

2 minutes ago, MuddyandMagnolia said:

Geeehnrrrgh!!! 

All they can do is cancel my order and I can re-place it - if I don't get the same price, availability etc. there's gonna be hell to pay (I paid $149 as well, but that my friends was enough) 

What is the problem? Are you just missing the digital download?

1 minute ago, seltaeb said:

What is the problem? Are you just missing the digital download?

haha - yeah here's the deal - I'm laughing because this question makes me sound as though I'm losing it looney tunes ape style. 

images.jpg.19550d9cd1f01aca1e048a290ac06ae7.jpg

I did receive a download - but it's not a live gig it's the 'Keep a Little Soul' digital single outtake (1982) audio. . . is it possible the download changed? 😕 

Ugh. I feel like the dunce of this group. 

I didn't see the detail about Boston. I'm watching World Cup at the same time. That's the culprit. ;) 

The Live Nation thing kinda sucks. I hate "exclusives" and "limited edition" and all that. Just make everything available in one place, name your price, and let us choose.

7 minutes ago, MuddyandMagnolia said:

Ha ha,  buckle up since you asked...no.

I think it's pricey considering you're getting a lot of album tracks, previously released live songs or ones that have already have official live versions out there, and barely an album's worth of unreleased music.

I like booklets and extensive liner notes and a nice packaging and good sound quality, I just don't like this release as constituted.

For me, were I to purchase it I'd be basically paying $149 for 8 new songs. That's terrible. Thank God I can afford it but I don't think the cost is worth it; and my concern is that they will keep pumping out box sets instead of more, in my opinion, worthwhile single albums of unreleased songs. So I will pass and pick this up from the library.

As for the live nation incentive offer, one could probably find the same show (and more) for free online through other fans' generosity. 

My concern is they could just keep milking the fans or hardcore fans on these elaborate sets instead of releasing new albums of songs from the archives. 

The eight or however many songs are the highpoint of this release for me but are burdened with deep cuts I already own and live versions I don't want or need. I said it somewhere in this thread, why release another version of A Woman In Love when they have a version out on the Live Anthology.

TO BE FAIR..I should wait to see if they do just collect all of the new songs on one (or two) discs. But even then, why not just one disc of the new songs? 

cheers

In case this helps anyone:

I emailed the store about the Tre45ure code and they emailed back pretty quickly to cancel my order so I could reorder it and get the Live Leg. I already have the vinyl and a bootleg of it, but I thought why not get it again! LOL

The final order summary said that the Live Leg will arrive with the rest of the boxset.

17 minutes ago, chimera said:

It sounds like you wouldn't get the Live 'Leg download until the date of release?

Essential old EP, that. (UK version even had an extra track.) Should someone, for some reason, not already have it... the US version should be available here somewhere, I seem to recall. Thanks to Marion or someone.