jtx84

TP Radio (XM) Special Announcement this week

50 minutes ago, decacerata said:

So much for the countdown! Site went live at least 15 minutes before the countdown was over!

Already got the Super Deluxe version preordered! Passing on the vinyl version at least for now... I'd love to grab it too, but $300 for both is just a lot. I'd much rather have the extra stuff that comes with the CD version. The vinyl version's release date is later in the year (November instead of September) too. 

The site was on when I checked it at about 14:35 (UK time).  Placed an order just before 14:50 for the super deluxe edition.  I was hoping to be order number 1 but it sounds like you beat me to it, ha ha!

The extra bits on the deluxe do sound interesting.  

6 hours ago, Shelter said:

I can't believe NO ONE EVEN NOTICED when I put that Keep A Little Soul video up (in the Random Click Thread) already on June 15! 😲 

(Think only Jay saw it. Good for you Jay, thank you for paying attention, man!)

Wow! thats crazy that it got put up back in June!  They really seemed to make a lot of mistakes with this release. I dont know if the countdown being different from the XM broadcast was to build more buzz but it seems they made a bunch of mis-steps at Warner.... 

Really digging this Keep A Little Soul song (and video...) Makes me really long to hear the rest of the gold on this box.

And - apart from being very interesting to hear, as presented, as a whole, (it will be so great to eventually hear, even if the total effect is impossible to estimate at this point, admittedly) - when it comes to the detailed content of this box, here's what my guesstimation sums up to, in terms of hot or not: 

The Gold Stuff (Extremely interesting!)

1. Surrender (Previously unreleased track from Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers sessions—1976) - Kinda like an old grail, isn't it?

2. Lost In Your Eyes (Previously unreleased single from Mudcrutch sessions—1974) - This is legendary! If it's the same version as has been circulating on bootleg, it will be fantastic to hear the finished, cleaned up thing! Ponder: can a song both be a single and unreleased?

3. Keep A Little Soul (Previously unreleased track from Long After Dark sessions—1982) - Fantastic little song! Interesting things going on with the melody in the versese. I can see how they left it off LAD, all things considered, but it would have been worthy of a second chance on Southern Accents, I think.

4. Walkin’ From The Fire (Previously unreleased track from Southern Accents sessions—March 1, 1984) - Very anxious to finally hear this one! The SA outtakes always both fascinated and eluded me, given the original concept album idea.

5. Gainesville (Previously unreleased track from Echo sessions—February 12, 1998) - Never even heard of this one!

6. Lonesome Dave (Previously unreleased track from Wildflowers sessions—July 23, 1993) - Just hope this won't be the last we hear of the All The Rest project.... another piece of the puzzle, at least..

7. Bus To Tampa Bay (Previously unreleased track from Hypnotic Eye sessions—August 11, 2011) - Very interesting - haven't even heard of this one!

8. Two Men Talking (Previously unreleased track from Hypnotic Eye sessions—November 16, 2012) - Maybe more of a live song, I suspect. But I always wanted to hear this (and Melinda) in studio versions, so... Quite fitting that they tried to adopt it for HE, too.. I don't think I knew that. Could be great!

The Stuff Adding to The Legend (Interesting!)

9. You’re Gonna Get It (Alternate version featuring strings from You’re Gonna Get It! sessions—1978)

10. Fooled Again (I Don’t Like It) (Alternate version from Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers—1976)

11. Here Comes My Girl (Alternate version from Damn The Torpedoes sessions—1979) -- unless it's already on DTT Deluxe!!

12. What Are You Doing In My Life (Alternate version from Damn The Torpedoes sessions—1979) -- unless it's already on DTT Deluxe!!

13. Louisiana Rain (Alternate version from Damn The Torpedoes sessions—1979) -- unless it's already on DTT Deluxe!!

14. Keeping Me Alive (Previously unreleased track from Long After Dark sessions—1982) - unless it's already out!! Several versions of this song already are.

15. Don’t Treat Me Like A Stranger (B-side to UK single of “I Won’t Back Down”—April, 1989) - About time this gem sees a proper release outside the old single! Not a bad song at all.

16. Straight Into Darkness (Alternate version from The Record Plant, Hollywood, CA—May 5, 1982) - Fav song - this will be cool, I hope!

17. Rebels (Alternate version from Southern Accents sessions—1985) - Given the production "issues" of SA, this will be very interesting, hopefully.

18. Deliver Me (Alternate version from Long After Dark sessions—1982) - Fav song - this will be cool, I hope!

19. The Damage You’ve Done (Alternate version from Let Me Up (I’ve Had Enough) sessions—1987) - Unless it's not the Playback version, like someone mentioned......

20. The Best Of Everything (Alternate version from Southern Accents sessions—March 26, 1985)

21. King Of The Hill (Early take (with Roger McGuinn)—November 23, 1987) - Cool and surprising - I didn't see that coming. Then again, I didn't see any of this coming..! 

22. Wake Up Time (Previously unreleased track from early Wildflowers sessions—August 12, 1992) - Again... does this undermine All The Rest project? Yes it does. 

23. Don’t Fade On Me (Previously unreleased track from Wildflowers—sessions—April 20, 1994) -Again... does this undermine All The Rest project? Yes it does. 

24. You And Me (Clubhouse version—November 9, 2007) - This type of stuff - rehearsals/studio re-takes of deep cuts etc - is really cool. Wonder how much of it exists? Great that they thought of picking one like this for this set. Must be special?? 

25. I Don’t Belong (Previously unreleased track from Echo sessions—December 3, 1998) - Not the best song ever, but it's been circulated, so finally official!

26. Sins Of My Youth (Early take from Hypnotic Eye sessions—November 12, 2012)

27. Good Enough (Alternate version from Mojo sessions—2012)

28. Like A Diamond (Alternate version from The Last DJ sessions—2002)

The Kinda-Fun-Unless-They-Are-Already-Released (on Live Anthology or elsewhere) Stuff

29. Listen To Her Heart (Live at Capitol Studios, Hollywood, CA—November 11, 1977)

30. Anything That’s Rock ‘N’ Roll (Live at Capitol Studios, Hollywood, CA—November 11, 1977)

31. Rockin’ Around (With You) (Album track from Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers —November 9, 1976)

32. Breakdown (Live at Capitol Studios, Hollywood, CA—November 11, 1977)

33. Even The Losers (Live at Rochester Community War Memorial, Rochester, NY—1989)

34. King’s Road (Live at The Forum, Inglewood, CA—June 28, 1981)

35. A Woman In Love (It’s Not Me) (Live at The Forum, Inglewood, CA—June 28, 1981)

36. I Won’t Back Down (Live at The Fillmore, San Francisco, CA—February 4, 1997)

37. Into The Great Wide Open (Live at Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Arena—November 24, 1991)

38. Two Gunslingers (Live at The Beacon Theatre, New York, NY—May 25, 2013)

39. Saving Grace (Live at Malibu Performing Arts Center, Malibu, CA—June 16, 2006)

40. Southern Accents (Live at Stephen C. O’Connell Center, Gainesville, FL—September 21, 2006)

41. Insider Live (with Stevie Nicks at O’Connell Center, Gainesville, FL—September 21, 2006)

42. Hungry No More (Live at House of Blues, Boston, MA—June 15, 2016)

1 hour ago, decacerata said:

So much for the countdown! Site went live at least 15 minutes before the countdown was over!

Already got the Super Deluxe version preordered! Passing on the vinyl version at least for now... I'd love to grab it too, but $300 for both is just a lot. I'd much rather have the extra stuff that comes with the CD version. The vinyl version's release date is later in the year (November instead of September) too. 

where did you pre-order from? Its not showing up on Amazon as yet... 

THAT VIDEO, OMFG.

I am going to watch that forever.  I'll be in the home and still watching it.  Those are my boys, so many precious moments.  And I love that they put in that now-famous shot of them singing (whatever it is).  That's, like, an iconic thing now and I love it.

3 minutes ago, Hoodoo Man said:

as much as I would love the expanded book, the lithograph and printed sheets are not worth another 100 for me...  I really wonder how they got that as the price point... 

Pretty standard for a package like this.

I went Super Deluxe. Sadly, you'll save the money on the concert tickets you won't be able to buy in 2018, 2019, and forever there after. 😔

I pre-ordered mine. I went for the super deluxe. I really want everything in that super deluxe set! It’s expensive, no doubt but I think it’s a really pretty set like Live Anthology. I can’t wait to read the liner notes from Mike and Benmont, especially after Benmont’s guest spot this morning on Mark’s Felsot’s show.  He had me in tears he was so touching.  OMG I was choked up sitting right here at my desk at work.  😢 He said, “Love doesn’t die when a person dies.”  I set the recorder this morning so hopefully I will have it to share later this evening.  

This love is not over for me. ❤️ 

15 minutes ago, Thelonious said:

Anyone knows, if the Boxset will arrive much later than September 28th, when I order from Germany? 

Experiences from former Orders? 

You're talking preorder from TP.com here and now? Or you mean this will supposedly not be an internationally available official release??

(From TP.com, my experience is that "much later" is a possibility. As is "if ever".)

3 minutes ago, Shelter said:

You're talking preorder from TP.com here and now? Or you mean this will supposedly not be an internationally available official release??

(From TP.com, my experience is that "much later" is a possibility. As is "if ever".)

Yes, shelter, talking about preordering from tompetty.com, cause I don't wanna order from the German Amazon-Site, since it's not even cheaper there, despite the shipping costs from thr US. 

But guess, i have to then... 

Thanks for helping. 

4 minutes ago, Shelter said:

Should I go with the Super Ultra Mega Hyper Premium Extra Multi Special Gold Deluxe pack with the bonus flaps, or just settle for the Crappy Set?

Oh, what the heck.. You only live twice, right?

For sure the super set. The book and the lithograph alone are worth it. You'll be glad that you did.

38 minutes ago, Marion said:

I pre-ordered mine. I went for the super deluxe. I really want everything in that super deluxe set! It’s expensive, no doubt but I think it’s a really pretty set like Live Anthology. I can’t wait to read the liner notes from Mike and Benmont, especially after Benmont’s guest spot this morning on Mark’s Felsot’s show.  He had me in tears he was so touching.  OMG I was choked up sitting right here at my desk at work.  😢 He said, “Love doesn’t die when a person dies.”  I set the recorder this morning so hopefully I will have it to share later this evening.  

This love is not over for me. ❤️ 

OMG I would have been sobbing!  Just like Mike's speech at the Imperial Ball, I still cry when I watch that video.

If I could afford the Super Deluxe set, I would certainly get it.  I would love to have the expanded version of the book and I would say it is entirely worth it  Unfortunately I'm just not in a financial position to do so, thus it's the standard set for me.