Sign in to follow this  
nurktwin

Guitar of the day

Those are cool - kind of a more blingy version of George's DuoJet.  I'm just not a Gretsch guy. I have '67 Chet, but I just find it unwieldy and I'm not a huge fan of the tone.  The Penguin would be closer to Les Paul territory - which I also have covered.  They do look nice though.

Ooh, I do like this.   New for 2019.....single P90, doublecut, Gibson Les Paul Junior.  And I like the "worn cherry" finish.  The pickguard is a lot different than the old 50's Juniors, but I like it. 

I will have one of these, but it may be a little bit. The slush fund took a beating recently when I bought a Taylor 416ce-R.  I don't even have it yet, and I'm already lusting after another guitar.  It's a curse.

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/gibson-les-paul-junior-tribute-dc-2019-electric-guitar

I tried my luck at playing steel once.. what mess that was.. Still, in some weird way, I love the aestheics and feel the instrument.. radiates.. and yeah.. if I was ever to get myself one, I think that one Rick is really cool!

Paying extra for the "Buck Owens" connection.  They don't mention his name of course, but that's what it is.  I remember seeing him play various red, white, and blue guitars on "Hee Haw" back in the day.   I know about 20 years ago Fender released a Buck Owens red, white, and blue Telecaster.

The other thing I notice about that guitar - and others from that maker - is the use of something called "whitewood" for the back and sides.  "Whitewood" is a generic name for any number of different kinds of wood - not necessarily tonewoods.  Could be anything - which leads me to believe these guitars could all sound wildly different from each other depending on which "whitewood" was used.  

^   I agree completely, it's just a cheap copy and I would never buy one. I almost bought a 70's Squire Strat today, but opted out. Instead I bought a Nike Orange Cleveland Browns Game jersey with my name and number on it for $150. AND I don't even have a favorite football team!!!!! Almost bought blue and gold shirts from the RAMS and CHARGERS too, that would have been $450 for 3 shirts!! Gotta get off the sports sites and back to guitars.

2 hours ago, nurktwin said:

Here's a nice guitar made in Gibson's Memphis factory. Semi Hollow Les Paul. List price $3650.

ESLP16TANH1_MAIN_HERO_01.jpg

If I didn't already have a Custom Shop Historic Les Paul, I would have gone for this.  Les Paul's can be quite heavy, and these semi-hollow Les Paul's should be considerably lighter and still sound like they should.