Sign in to follow this  
nurktwin

Happy Birthday Paul McCartney

Happy Birthday, Paul!!

Nurk, this makes me so happy to see! And, oh, yes,Shelter...he signed things but more important, he talked to each one of us....made me feel like I was the only one in that room. We both have posted about this time on the Farm.....I printed mine out and kept with my photos and signed things...but maybe it is still on here.

Not too many people can say they met this man.....I am just so grateful for finally being able to say thank you to him....for the music.

He signed DVD covers for us. On mine he put "to Ben" and added "To Nerktwin" for me after we talked. He spelled it with an "E". We could only get 2 covers signed, nothing else. We also had to put our cameras, jackets and shopping bags in plastic bins like an airport security check before we were allowed to meet him. We shook hands and talked a couple minutes and then had to move on for the next person in line. It was fantastic meeting a Beatle and I'll never forget it.

That was a hell of 24 hours we went through Beth, but worth every minute of it. It was a once in a life time experience. Sort of like there will only be one Beatles and only one chance in a lifetime to meet one. So glad we did it and did it together with someone to share it with. Thanks Beth.

I've always found it fascinating that The Beatles were born between 1940 and 1943 when England was being bombed during WW2 and most of the country was in rubles during their childhood, but somehow grew into teenagers with a sense of humor that carried on from their 1st recordings and movie til today. I think I can safely say, there will NEVER be a band as big as The Beatles again. The pressure they handled would collapse any band today, and destroyed most bands after The Beatles. I personally know a band that signed with Capitol Records and had 1 #1 hit and became more famous in Japan than the USA. They couldn't handle the fame and broke up like many others. The humor of The Beatles is as famous as their music and the world is a better place because of it. They WILL live on forever!!