Sign in to follow this  
Hoodoo Man

Knobs @ The Mint in Los Angeles, CA on Wednesday, July 11th

According to the Highway Companions website the Dirty Knobs will be playing The Mint in Los Angeles, CA on Wednesday, July 11th

Once again you west coast kids have all the fun!  Tix go on sale wed the 13th and If I'm lucky the text below in red is a link to the ticket sales. 

enjoy and let us know how the show is! PURCHASE GENERAL ONSALE TICKETS

Side-note... supposedly East End Management is taking over all Knobs stuff. So I am not updating the site, updating events on Facebook, or sending to the dk email list anymore. This is a good thing because I never got any content to use (aside from show dates) and don't really have the extra time anyway. Hopefully, we will see more content/effort put into the knobs with an actual management company behind them. I saw they did have a few new photos which is more than I was ever sent. 😆

From the clips I've seen, it's Knobs business as usual. :D

And OMFG I just realized that "Irish Girl" is that theme from the webseries!  How did I not notice that before?!

A bit of rehearsal for that other gig...

This one is for the ladies!

A particularly groovy "Bride of Frankenstein"

"...even if I did write it myself."

On 6/12/2018 at 12:08 PM, Shelter said:

Hu? Great news!

No wonder, really. I heard one of the Fleetwood Mac guys is in this band.......

I stand corrected...

MANAGEMENT
LAURENCE FREEDMAN AT TELEGRAPH ROAD MANAGEMENT

818 784 9002

BOOKING
SHAUN HAGUE AT SUPREME ENTERTAINMENT

shaun@supremeentertainment.com

Was lucky enough to be at this show.... and just have to say this was probably my favorite Knobs show so far.  They took the stage just before 10 and ended up playing for a solid 2 hours 15 mins.. maybe a bit more.  Mike was on fire.  The band was tight.  We got some new songs and old knob classics.   

As excited (and happy for Mike) as I am about Fleetwood Mac... it's a little bit of a bummer that the Knobs are going to be on hold until after that long FM tour, especially considering Mike said they cut 20 tracks "live on the floor" at his home studio that are ready for release.  Would love for them to keep playing and growing as a band.  But can't wait for the next show, whenever it is!  

Whoops, oh well.  It was a guy who posted a video of "Something Good Coming" even though Mike had asked that people not share videos of that song online (and so he was dragged big time for that), so I guess he took all his videos down.

As a consolation, please enjoy some "Pistol-Packin' Mama."

22 hours ago, chimera said:

Whoops, oh well.  It was a guy who posted a video of "Something Good Coming" even though Mike had asked that people not share videos of that song online (and so he was dragged big time for that), so I guess he took all his videos down.

As a consolation, please enjoy some "Pistol-Packin' Mama."

He used to do that to us too about the Dirty Knobs  videos but personally I have come to feel that it is unfair of him to ask that of fans. We share with pure love so other fans who can't be there can see and experience the music.  It's not like the Dirty Knobs tour all over the country.  It's like he is saying we have to be there to share the love but to me, it kind of hurts my feelings.  I live in Florida and can't always come.  That is all. 

I totally get that - hell, I live in San Diego and though the Knobs have visited, it's not a regular thing.  And I hate driving to LA although I do it for a select few.  So I'm with you on that.  It's kind of hard - in this day and age - to try and keep an experience purely in the moment.  And when the Knobs started performing, that documentary aspect of daily life had already taken hold.  As much as I love that man I kinda want to say: "Gator, you need to blindfold people and bring them to the Clubhouse, confiscate their cellphones and cameras and recorders, give them three hours of kickass music, and that is how you can demand fans to Be Here Now.  Otherwise, you're asking something which doesn't exist anymore."

And yeah, it's not like anyone was seeking to profit from their fandom works; it's all about love, like you say.  Seventeen years of love, that can't just be hoarded forever.  God bless everyone who has shared photos/videos/recordings, that's what I say.

I get that Mike wanted that cultish "best band you've never heard of" kind of vibe.  But they play in LA now, even, which was something he used to say he didn't want to do, so yeah, it's gonna be a social media thing going on.  I've never been to a club gig in LA in the last fifteen years or so which wasn't like that.  It seems like maybe he was kind of unsure about what he wanted the Knobs to be because there's always that thing about what a band means to you - when you're in it - and what it means to everyone else.  So next year, when they finally fulfill their destiny, I wonder how that's going to be for him.  I have Deep Thoughts about his ambivalence with being a front man, but that's probably too much to dump in everyone's lap right now. lol.