Sign in to follow this  
TomFest

Get your own "Gator" guitar

I could have had one back in Gainesville for about $160 at TPATH's 30th concert. Marion was with me and others from the Farm to do some shopping and they also had a turquois RIC 330/6 for $1400. I was going to buy both, but we were leaving Florida the next day for Cali for shows at the HB, San Diego and Berkley. I couldn't carry them with me and the music shop said "NO" to shipping to my home. So, I never bought them and just moved on to Cali.

9 hours ago, MaryJanes2ndLastDance said:

You've played one? Why aren't they good in your opinion?

I bought one of these "Collegiate Series" guitars featuring my local school.  They are poorly made using cheap parts, with little concern for playability.  They are essentially $99 Epiphone Les Paul Junior models, and it's questionable whether they're worth that much.  I bought the first (and still only) one I've ever seen featuring the University of Washington, off my local Craigslist.  I've never seen a UW one on eBay, and I have a search saved that is always looking.  They are cool wall hangers, though.

12 hours ago, TomFest said:

I bought one of these "Collegiate Series" guitars featuring my local school.  They are poorly made using cheap parts, with little concern for playability.  They are essentially $99 Epiphone Les Paul Junior models, and it's questionable whether they're worth that much

Thanks for the info.