Sign in to follow this  
nurktwin

Good or bad idea?

I've been lookng at some Gretsch Duo Jet guitars like George Harrison's with a Bigsby tailpiece. Then I thought the Duo Jet and Gibson Les Paul are pretty much the same style guitar when you look at them. I have a Gibson Les Paul Gold Top with a stop bar tailpiece and thought that maybe I'd just put a Bigsby B7 on that. Bigsby makes a Vibramate adapter plate that screws into the original holes, so no drilling is required to mount the new Bigsby tailpiece. The only other thing I would change is to install a new "roller bridge", which is no big deal. Do you think this is a good idea, or should I leave the LP as is? I put this in Creative Corner, cuz I'm creating something new!

If you're not putting new holes in the guitar, why not?  You can always put it back to original.  Does your Goldtop have P90 pickups in it?  With the whammy, you're all setup for some NYCH (Neil Young & Crazy Horse).   Always good fun.

No P 90's, I wanted the 490 HB in the neck and 498 HB in the bridge positions. IF I get another one it will be with P 90's. Yes, with the Vibramate adapter, no holes are drilled and can be put back to the original. I figure about $285 for the polished aluminum Bigsby and the Vibramate adapter. I don't know what roller bridge to buy, any suggestions?