Sign in to follow this  
Jay

MIKE CAMPBELL

Not a word about Tom.  He already is part of his past.  I'm always amazed at how some people can do that.

I'm with you - the heck with Fleetwood Mac. I really don't care. 

Mike looks good for his age.

This seemed to be just a casual/fun gathering. I think any mention of Tom would be out of place and probably happened off camera or at a different time.

Mike is an extremely hot property right now. 🔥 The offers must be like a tidal wave.

Just my opinion, but i don't think that mentioning Tom would have been out of place.  Mike was one of Tom's oldest and closest friends. And it's not like Tom died ages ago.  He hasn't even been dead a year.

I realize that there aren't many guitarists like Mike around, but no matter how hot a property he may be right now, his life is pretty much on the down side.   It's not like Mike is 30 or 40, or even 50.  If he's not yet 70, he's pushing it.  

22 minutes ago, nobodyinparticular said:

You don't need to be so damn harsh. Just because he didn't mention Tom doesn't mean he's forgotten him. 

Wasn't being "damn harsh".  It's too bad you took it that way.  Just stating my opinion.

8 hours ago, Lorra said:

Not a word about Tom.  He already is part of his past.  I'm always amazed at how some people can do that.

Mike does look great for his age. Cool hair, but is it real?

9 hours ago, Lorra said:

Just my opinion, but i don't think that mentioning Tom would have been out of place.  Mike was one of Tom's oldest and closest friends. And it's not like Tom died ages ago.  He hasn't even been dead a year.

I realize that there aren't many guitarists like Mike around, but no matter how hot a property he may be right now, his life is pretty much on the down side.   It's not like Mike is 30 or 40, or even 50.  If he's not yet 70, he's pushing it.  

I'm embarrassed for you that you posted this.  

22 hours ago, Lorra said:

Judging by Mike dedicating songs to Tom every single time he played a show with the Knobs, you cannot be more wrong. Most of the time pushing his voice through a clenched throat when trying to deliver... The last thing we need is judgements on "obviously Mike has moved on". Not likely. He is just trying to look into the future, to avoid being forever stuck in the "dark place" he's been in after losing Tom. He's probably going to hurt for a very long time from that.

10 hours ago, limonali said:

Judging by Mike dedicating songs to Tom every single time he played a show with the Knobs, you cannot be more wrong. ...

Irrelevant.  

You're doing the exact same thing as Lorra (without the extra bit of nastiness about Mike's "life is pretty much on the down side"); you're judging how Mike is acting in public and deciding whether you think he's acting like you think he should with respect to Tom's death.  

IMO, none of us has any basis whatsoever to judge how Mike chooses to deal with the death of Tom including whether or how often he wants to mention him or anything else related to it. I know this sounds self-righteous but I can not believe people are grading Mike's pubic behavior as to whether it meets some standard they think owed to Tom.  Leave it alone.

19 hours ago, TPfan1000 said:

Irrelevant.  

You're doing the exact same thing as Lorra (without the extra bit of nastiness about Mike's "life is pretty much on the down side"); you're judging how Mike is acting in public and deciding whether you think he's acting like you think he should with respect to Tom's death.  

IMO, none of us has any basis whatsoever to judge how Mike chooses to deal with the death of Tom including whether or how often he wants to mention him or anything else related to it. I know this sounds self-righteous but I can not believe people are grading Mike's pubic behavior as to whether it meets some standard they think owed to Tom.  Leave it alone.

If it came across as "should" and the judgement of Mike's public behavior, it was not meant like that. I did not try to grade anything, that is why I said "probably", "likely" etc. Anyhow I will leave it alone, since it's not my intent to defend the limited online communication and whether or not my intent came across as clearly as I wished it did. 

Is it just me, or does anyone else hope they actually recorded "Humdinger" for the album, because I never get tired of how Mike walks the line between being salacious and not being able to stop cracking up as he sings it.  Just me, probably?  Okay.  It's interesting how that particular Supro model does somewhat resemble the guitars Rick Turner built for Liddy Buck.