Sign in to follow this  
nobodyinparticular

TomPetty.com on the Wayback Machine (image-heavy!)

Digging about on the Wayback Machine. Found some interesting stuff. Earliest capture is from December 5, 1998:

hwX9mid.png

Website for that company didn't bear too well over the years:.

JvZPWVC.png

Jump to October 8, 1999, and it gets interesting:

LfSUPd0.png

Let's click the input jack--oh, never mind.

kUewjai.png

Instead click the little link under the input jack. I suspect the site wasn't really intended for larger screens.

DghmYM9.png

Clicking around, you can listen to 'Surrender' in glorious 100k audio! Or you could at one point. The link doesn't work.

MRvALFy.png

There's some news, too. 

6vECYLE.png

And tour information. Sort of.

xeXApiR.png

There's a discography page with links to all the albums. I'm pretty sure the background image on the Damn the Torpedoes page is reversed.

MP11sRo.png

There's also a page that just has a picture of a Rickenbacker guitar. I'm not sure the purpose of this.

2 hours ago, nobodyinparticular said:

I'm pretty sure the background image on the Damn the Torpedoes page is reversed.

Nah, they just went for two Toms. Understandable since two is twice as fun as one. 

Thanks. This is really cool! 
I had someone asking about the Vox Lounge site and I confused it with Sean Bresnan's site. 
I'll have to send him a link to this if I can track him down. 

21 hours ago, Shelter said:

Nah, they just went for two Toms. Understandable since two is twice as fun as one. 

It's not reversed. (I have a big poster of this photo). It's just set to "tile" and it is repeating itself. I used to take a .GIF, set it as my background image, and tile it. So the whole background of my PC back in the day was like a moving patterned wallpaper or something. LOL.  

16 hours ago, martin03345 said:

Ahh, the ol' Vox Lounge. Use to go on there everyday in school for info on what was going on with the band and possible tour dates lol

Haha martin, same for me. The Lox Lounge reminds me of checking for band updates when I should have been studying for finals!

I loved the Vox lounge design. The forums there were pretty active then as I recall.  I remember checking for updates on the upcoming "Golden Circle" album and Dana would post there every now and then.