Lorra

TP Question

48 minutes ago, Liberty said:

to be a big fan of the Archives when we're back up and running

That's a very good site and I enjoy reading the articles there. I still recall the 89 tour one from Rolling Stone, too bad they never did others like that;  a good mix of Tom's thoughts, the set list, the band's take on the road and interactions with fans and random people.

1 hour ago, Shelter said:

As far as Tom Petty books go, they are the ZZ Top...

:)

40 minutes ago, MaryJanes2ndLastDance said:

I still recall the 89 tour one from Rolling Stone, too bad they never did others like that;  a good mix of Tom's thoughts, the set list, the band's take

Yeah, that was a great piece of journalism, from many angles! A rare thing then. Today about extinct.

6 hours ago, Timflyte said:

I can't wait to see the archives please let us know when you get it going or pm me.

It will be within the next week! :D We're in beta phase doing user testing, then we'll make a few changes, and be ready to go! 
I'll post a thread here about it. We also have a FB page if you're on there. 

Trying to lighten the mood since this thread is so off topic already... lol

Maybe a "TP Question" is something to ask your Charmin sales associate? :D
Sometimes when I have a TP question, I try to read the back of the package and then I get side tracked practicing my Spanish. 

I like both books a lot. Conversations is simply indispensable for all its talk about albums and songs. That was what I most enjoyed about it. Plus, Mr. Zollo did one thing that's really tricky to do: He asked the right questions without getting in the way. Granted, he's mostly interested in songwriting, since he is a songwriter himself and publishes a lot about that subject. But that doesn't mean what he did was easy.

Warren Zanes is a guy I have the greatest respect for (he turned his back on a carreer as a musician and decided to work behind the scenes instead), and his perspective was an almost necessary addition to the one taken in Conversations, because he talked to so many other important people in Tom's life, the most interesting of which obviously being Stan Lynch. Plus he managed to write from the different perspectives he learned along the way, put him inside the minds of all those people. Like a novelist would. That's what really impressed me.