Sign in to follow this  
MaryJanes2ndLastDance

If you like Southern Accents tour

Supposedly Pack up the Plantation is from the second night, this recording is from the first. Soundboard quality. Anyway, it's the show from this tour, I hope the songs that overlap with Plantation are from the other night but who knows? Regardless, if you were curious to hear a show from that tour without being cut up and mixed in with other live tracks, here you go:

http://filefactory.com/file/153sx9icmp6j/Tom Petty - 1985-08-06 Los Angeles%2C CA (SBD).rar

4 hours ago, Mr Timba said:

I was listening to this one a few days ago. Amazing. I haven't heard Pack up the Plantation for awhile, but "Breakdown" is clearly different. 

I'm glad it's different. I gave a quick listen to the beginning of It Ain't Nothin' To Me and it sounded like Plantation but then, the band was so well rehearsed there's be little immediate differences in song performances. 

48 minutes ago, MaryJanes2ndLastDance said:

I'm glad it's different. I gave a quick listen to the beginning of It Ain't Nothin' To Me and it sounded like Plantation but then, the band was so well rehearsed there's be little immediate differences in song performances. 

That's why I went to Breakdown... Tom's feedback with the audience is different!

Thanks MJ2ndLD, I'll give this a listen. Cross-promotion plug for the MC &TP in NZ topic... spoiler alert one tiny detail is below. 

(Tom Petty talks about making Pack Up The Plantation & that it's mainly from just one night & why there are extra older songs)