Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
nurktwin

Downloadmania

Recommended Posts

As you all know, none of us are getting any younger. As each day passes, we loose a friend, a loved one and even our idols. Most of us don't post movies or clips of our lives on the internet, but luckily, our idols do. When they pass away, a lot of those clips and concert films are taken down from the net. Most of us would love to have a 2nd chance to see those clips again and download them for the future. I have been downloading clips and concerts for years and they mean the world to me. What I want to do here is give you links to clips and concerts that may be gone in the future so you can download them now before they are gone. I know that most of you work for a living and don't have time to search the net for concerts hours on end, but I do. I'll try to find concerts from the past and up til today and post them here. Then you can download them to your PC and save them forever more. Here's a 55 minute concert you'll love.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, nobodyinparticular said:

If you haven't already a program to download these, I would suggest 3D YouTube Downloader.

Unless you prefer command-line applications, in which case youtube-dl might be more to your liking.

Thank you.  I already have a program to download videos, but am not satisfied with it and was looking to find another, so I am very grateful to you for providing me with links.

I have no idea what "command-line applications" are.  When it comes to tech stuff, savvy I am not.  Know just the bare rudiments. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Command-line interfaces is where you type in commands rather than clicking on buttons. Think of DOS. There's a lot of advantages to using them, but they're pretty intimidating to learn in the first place.

What is the program that you were using? I've noticed a trend with certain developers to gradually whittle back their features available in the free version and eventually render it useless unless you pay for a license. I realize they need to make money somewhere, but this sort of practice feels unethical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, nobodyinparticular said:

Command-line interfaces is where you type in commands rather than clicking on buttons. Think of DOS. There's a lot of advantages to using them, but they're pretty intimidating to learn in the first place.

What is the program that you were using? I've noticed a trend with certain developers to gradually whittle back their features available in the free version and eventually render it useless unless you pay for a license. I realize they need to make money somewhere, but this sort of practice feels unethical.

I was using KeepVid which I liked very much but I went there one day and they directed us to other places. 

Next, I downloaded 4KVideo, but I don't care for it.  I want a program where I can save downloaded videos on my desktop. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try "YouTube download 3D". I just started using that and it works fine. It automatically downloads to your "download" folder, but it gives you the option of where to put it, so I chose "Desktop". Once on the desktop, I created folders for Movies, Zip files, Single Song Videos and so on. Then I drag each into the correct folder and that eliminates a ton of files on my desktop. Hope that helps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, nurktwin said:

Try "YouTube download 3D". I just started using that and it works fine. It automatically downloads to your "download" folder, but it gives you the option of where to put it, so I chose "Desktop". Once on the desktop, I created folders for Movies, Zip files, Single Song Videos and so on. Then I drag each into the correct folder and that eliminates a ton of files on my desktop. Hope that helps!

Thanks.  I was going to download that, but I didn't know what the difference is between "MD5" and "SHA1".  Can you tell me which one I should choose?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, nurktwin said:

TPATH  Feb 1, 1990 - Providence RI

 

BCP = Before Cell Phones

It wasn't easy to do this before cell phones, and I'm always grateful to anyone and everyone who preserved these concerts for us so we could enjoy them decades later. 

And he does A Face In The Crowd too.  I love that song.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/18/2018 at 10:18 AM, Lorra said:

Thanks.  I was going to download that, but I didn't know what the difference is between "MD5" and "SHA1".  Can you tell me which one I should choose?

Reposting my question in case you didn't see it.  I want to download the program but I don't know which one of the above to choose because I have no idea what they are talking about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On April 17, 2018 at 1:13 PM, nurktwin said:

I have been downloading clips and concerts for years and they mean the world to me. What I want to do here is give you links to clips and concerts that may be gone in the future so you can download them now before they are gone.

 Thanks. It's crazy to think how much live music is out there now for free from audio to video, so many great performances saved for fans to listen to and enjoy.

cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lorra, Just go to the link below and click the download on the left side (blue). The top one is for 32 bit PC's (older) and the bottom one is for newer 64 bit PC's. Don't worry about the MD5 or SHA1. If you don't know if you have 32 or 64 bit, look on the side of your PC, the label should tell you what you have. Just download and save it to your desktop, if it asks you if you want to create a shortcut icon, say yes. That should take care of things.

https://yd.3dyd.com/download/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nurktwin said:

Lorra, Just go to the link below and click the download on the left side (blue). The top one is for 32 bit PC's (older) and the bottom one is for newer 64 bit PC's. Don't worry about the MD5 or SHA1. If you don't know if you have 32 or 64 bit, look on the side of your PC, the label should tell you what you have. Just download and save it to your desktop, if it asks you if you want to create a shortcut icon, say yes. That should take care of things.

https://yd.3dyd.com/download/

 

Thank you very much.  I appreciate it.

I downloaded it. 

Now, I am going to test it out.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...