Timflyte

So Mike is in Fleetwood Mac ?

22 hours ago, Timflyte said:

I'm just guessing , but the heartbreakers , must've had a business meeting.  Such a tight outfit , just doesn't say , we lost our singer, writer ,let's give up.   Maybe take a break , do some solo stuff , and regroup in a year or so.  Or maybe they did decide , it's over. A long run , but let's go out on top.   Mike seemed happy in the news report.  Only time will tell.  Maybe FM will be bigger and better than ever ? Who knows.  

This is really interesting to me. I wonder if the Heartbreakers did have this kind of business meeting at some point in the last few months. And I wonder if Mike did consult with Benmont, Tony D., etc. about taking the FM gig out of some kind of obligation/acknowledgement of the Heartbreakers as an entity themselves. Lastly, I wonder who is going to be the executor so to speak of the band's future plans and releases. Will Warner Brothers just decide what gets released? Will some combo of Mike, Ryan U, Tony, Dana and Benmont actually put together posthumous TP projects and get them to market? Who will be the creative forces and logistic managers of these projects?

^ I just hope and pray we don't get a Tom Petty 'hologram' performing on stage at some stage in the future. There is a Roy Orbison hologram performing with an orchestra on tour at the moment. Personally, it wouldn't sit comfortably with me on any level but there are other perspectives..

20180416_131810.jpg

I think Mike could've had his hologram tour with Fleetwood Mac, while he himself started a band with Jack White and Stevie Nicks.

Of course, that would take a Stevie hologram too, for the Mac and... shoot... that would blow the budget. Ok, I'm out of ideas.

2 hours ago, High Grass Dog said:

Who will be the creative forces and logistic managers of these projects?

Yes. Looking forward, this is very interesting and a really good question! I wonder the same thing. 

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 11:30 AM, Timflyte said:

I'm just guessing , but the heartbreakers , must've had a business meeting.  Such a tight outfit , just doesn't say , we lost our singer, writer ,let's give up.   Maybe take a break , do some solo stuff , and regroup in a year or so.  Or maybe they did decide , it's over. A long run , but let's go out on top.   Mike seemed happy in the news report.  Only time will tell.  Maybe FM will be bigger and better than ever ? Who knows.  

Hi Guys, my first post...thanks for having me.  I have been a Petty fan since I was 10 years old...so that would be over 36 years now.

Sadly, or logically, this was Tom's show since 1979. Like Bon Jovi, the main members get a good chunk of dough and the rest of the new members are on retainer.

Had Ferrone or Blair been full members they would have been millionaires.  They're not.  They seem comfortable..but not even close to Petty or Campbell.

Mike was to Tom, what Sambora was to Bon Jovi (not comparing talent whatsoever),  He gets well compensated but it was Tom's gig.  This has been well documented.

Dana Petty and Tom's heirs have more to say regarding the Heartbreakers than say Benmont Tench.

14 minutes ago, trailer said:

Hi Guys, my first post...thanks for having me.  I have been a Petty fan since I was 10 years old...so that would be over 36 years now.

Welcome to the Farm! There's a lot of interesting topics and discussions on here, hope you enjoy it.

15 minutes ago, trailer said:

Had Ferrone or Blair been full members they would have been millionaires.  They're not.  They seem comfortable..but not even close to Petty or Campbell.

If true, that makes me a bit sad for them. Now, I could be wrong but I figure they're set for life and are doing well but I think they certainly both deserve to be millionaires at this point, heck the entire band including what's his name, "Duck" for all the energy they put in.

15 minutes ago, trailer said:

Dana Petty and Tom's heirs have more to say regarding the Heartbreakers than say Benmont Tench.

Who knows? But if that's the case, I certainly hope they'd take Mike and Benmont's advice. Future archive releases could be classy or exploitative; I hope they take the high ground and not some endless repackaging or hastily thrown together live albums. Live concert releases yes, but of high quality in terms of performance,  and with variance with regard to previous releases.

cheers

3 minutes ago, MaryJanes2ndLastDance said:

Welcome to the Farm! There's a lot of interesting topics and discussions on here, hope you enjoy it.

Thank you so very much!

On April 27, 2018 at 12:03 PM, nurktwin said:

I'm not sure how I feel about a hologram on stage.

I think it's one of the most terrible ideas to come along. Just awful. That's not the singer but a poor facsimile. With tons of live recordings available online for free this stinks of the exploitative, a putrid greed that's best avoided.

cheers!

I wonder if Mike will sing Tom's part on "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around"?  If not Mike, then who?  Neil Finn, I suppose, but wouldn't we all rather have Mike take a crack at it?

^ If your question is do I think this new version of Fleetwood Mac will play "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around", my answer is absolutely yes.  How could they add Mike Campbell to the band and then ignore the connection between Stevie and Mike?

48 minutes ago, TomFest said:

^ If your question is do I think this new version of Fleetwood Mac will play "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around", my answer is absolutely yes.  How could they add Mike Campbell to the band and then ignore the connection between Stevie and Mike?

so would the set theoretically include "dont dream its over" 

I have to say I am very curious about what the set list will look like but the more I think on it and see about ticket prices I dont think i could justify the cost of the ticket as I'm not a big FM fan. 

I do think we'll hear a Neil Finn song - and -  "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around".  I think without Lindsey in the band, they have some spots to fill because they'll drop some of his songs.  "Don't Dream It's Over" isn't my favorite, but it was an international hit.  I preferred "Something So Strong".  

So I'm hearing rumors online today that FM plans to do some Petty covers.  Not sure if that is because of the TMZ video where Mick Fleetwood say its a possibility?  Anyone know another source for that? It raises my interest in seeing FM a little....   Video of interview with Mick  in link below.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/05/02/mick-fleetwood-lindsey-buckingham-fired/

If I were a betting man I'd say that Oh Well is a thousand times more likely to be in the set list than SDMHA. Mike knows Oh Well pretty well with The Heartbreakers covering it quite often down the years.Albatross and Man of the World would be potential others I could see...the latter would really suit Neil Finn  vocally.  I think that the Peter Green era of Fleetwood Mac could get a few more songs in the set list...potentially....I would certainly hope so as Mike would really sparkle playing those songs. It will be interesting to see...I would actually be very surprised if any TPATHB songs are in the Mac set list..but time will tell. ☺

"Stop Draggin' My Heart Around" is not a TPATH song.  I'm not a Fleetwood Mac expert, but I'd be surprised if they've never played a song that appeared on a Stevie Nicks solo record.  'Oh Well' could be in the setlist, but Lindsey isn't there to sing it, so who knows?   How about "Black Magic Woman"?   Mike could cut loose on that one.  A lot of their show has to change without Lindsey being there.

I'll take your 1,000 to 1 odds that "Stopping Draggin'" won't be played.  I'll put up the dollar.  LOL

On 4/13/2018 at 10:15 PM, guitarstudent said:

Marion, if you want to get familiar with Neil Finn's music, I recommend the 7 Worlds Collide dvd. It is out of production but readily available on eBay. Just a really great show with appearances by Eddie Vedder and Johnny Marr.. 

I had heard of the Finn brothers and Crowded House back in the day, but watching 7 World Collide made me a fan! Fabulous DVD.

I just heard the radio advertising for FM appearance in Detroit.  With FM's hits ( non Buckingham ones ) the announcer says each name...with Mick Fleetwood, etc. , Etc. And then finally Mike Campbell....no mention of heartbreaker guitarist , etc.  This may bring his name out more than ever. .there may even be some who don't know he was with Tom Petty....I think this could proove to be a good move for Mike .

5 hours ago, TomFest said:

"Stop Draggin' My Heart Around" is not a TPATH song.  I'm not a Fleetwood Mac expert, but I'd be surprised if they've never played a song that appeared on a Stevie Nicks solo record.  'Oh Well' could be in the setlist, but Lindsey isn't there to sing it, so who knows?   How about "Black Magic Woman"?   Mike could cut loose on that one.  A lot of their show has to change without Lindsey being there.

I'll take your 1,000 to 1 odds that "Stopping Draggin'" won't be played.  I'll put up the dollar.  LOL

They’ve definitely played “Stand Back” from one of Stevie’s solo albums.

Wow, just read that Mike was a surprise guest at Neil Finn's show at the Largo in LA Thursday night. He and Neil played two FW songs including one from the Peter Green era that included some fiery guitar work from both guys.