Timflyte

So Mike is in Fleetwood Mac ?

Maybe the universe heard you, Tomfest or maybe the Campbells are on a roll - they've just posted another really good couple of minutes!!!

dang for some reason it won't copy & paste in the usual way (sorry!)

so please go to his instagram yourself to see!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrWiCUrHuHQ/

Saw this referenced on the TPNation facebook page and checked it out. I don't like the Charlotte observer website. A lot of official websites or corporate ones, freeze up, have too many ads, those annoying pop-up ads that play automatically and shrink down as you scroll down the page. This one isn't as bad as those but I didn't like it.

The article basically is a review of the show and how Nicks goofed and said the wrong state in place of the correct city they were performing in. The writer of the article was miffed about it. Though she noted how Nicks turned it around with the following song, Landslide.

However, I look at it from a different angle, it was something unscripted! A mistake. A bit of something non-perfected showbiz. Sure she goofed up but that's human. I'm not a Fleetwood fan nor even a casual listener of the band, nor Nicks etc. From what I've seen they make TPATH look as wild and improvisational as Phish. Anyway, maybe some of you will like this article or not. I was impressed that most of the band is in their 70s and performing. 

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/entertainment/music-news-reviews/article226624409.html

Ha - thanks for that.

wasn't there a time (early on) when TP said the crew made him cardboard signs so he'd know which town they were actually in. "I'd say Hello Tampa, but it'd be Jacksonville instead."

FM're a whole different band from TPATH, with a whole bundle of issues. Still, if we're being optimistic here, they all seem to be getting on okay, for now, which is a plus.

This newspaper review (below) focuses on the one & only Mr Campbell. Which is only fair since it's for concert in Tampa, Florida. He gives a little speech, takes his hat off & bows, ovation from Florida crowd, burns solos including great work on Oh Well, lots of love for him. 👏

If the link doesn't work, just search Tampa Bay Times & Fleetwood Mac & 2019. 

https://www.tampabay.com/music/review-fleetwood-mac-remade-and-re-energized-salutes-tom-petty-at-tampas-amalie-arena-20190218/

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/stevie-nicks-interview-tom-petty-drag-queens-game-of-thrones-prince-801112

Rolling StoneYou’re one of the few rock stars with both a band and a solo career.

Stevie Nicks: My solo career is much more girlie. It’s still a hard rock band — but it’s much more girlie-girl than Fleetwood Mac is. I never wanted a solo career — I always wanted to be just in a band. But I just had so many songs! Because when you’re in a band with three prolific writers, you get two or three songs per album — maybe four. But I was writing all the time, so they just went into my Gothic trunk of lost songs.

Christine would walk by me — my totally sarcastic best friend. She’d say [imitation of Christine McVie’s English accent] “Soooo. Writing another song, are we?” To this day, I write all the time. I have a poem that I’ve written about Game of Thrones, and I have a really beautiful poem that I’m writing about Anthony Bourdain.

She also spoke about her dear friend Tom Petty, who sadly passed away in October of 2017:

RS: When you were coming up, did you have rock mentors giving you a helping hand?

SN: Lindsay and I started out as starving musicians — I do mean starving, with no money. We made great music, but we were still starving and terrified. When we joined Fleetwood Mac in 1975, that’s when we started meeting other artists. I got to go on the road with Tom Petty and be a part of the Heartbreakers for three months, and it was awesome.

RS: Tom gave you that star you wear on your top hat?

SN: He did, and he gave me “Stop Dragging My Heart Around.” Had he not given me that song, let me candidly tell you, Bella Donna might not have been a hit. That song kicked Bella Donna right into the universe. My biggest sadness about the Hall of Fame is that Tom is not here to enjoy this with me, because he would have been the proudest of me of anyone.

And, perhaps our favorite informative reveal, the question we’ve all wanted to know for DECADES- what the heck does she do with all those shawls?!

I have my shawl vault — they’re all in temperature-controlled storage. I have these huge red cases Fleetwood Mac bought, all the way back in 1975 — my clothes are saved in these cases. All my vintage stuff is protected for all my little goddaughters and nieces. I’m trying to give my shawls away — but there’s thousands of them. If I ever write my life story, maybe that should be the name of my book: There’s Enough Shawls to Go Around.

folks here are likely aware that Fleetwood Mac has canceled a few shows as of late but they were a bit quiet as to who was sick etc.  Looks like Stevie had the flu but is on the mend. Unfortunately, they are canceling for Jazz Fest as replacements for the stones now too.  Get well Stevie! 

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/fleetwood-mac-jazz-fest-stevie-nicks-flu-819165/?fbclid=IwAR1_vR8f8qdM8CzZGh0nxN_e98OtkkH3WppO55PO_QTp5AVY7-7NnNrhWXc