Timflyte

So Mike is in Fleetwood Mac ?

^ Funny. Still not making me happy, though. Some bands, just regardless of how good some of their songs might be, does not know zip about a concept like karma. Or integrity. But at the end, it reminds me of what Tom used to say about it being what we, the audience, put up with, what we accept, that sets the standard... Very true. That is part of the circle, for sure. Then it just takes some real authentic bastards to set out and find just where the limits are and how much they can get away with. A dimension not to be forgotten.

Ironically, it's simultaneuosly the desperate, obsessed, passionate and often dirt poor collector fans (Kiss) and the apathetic, lethargic, or perhaps just nostalgic, often rich enough suits (Eagles, Fleetwood.. sorry) that drive some acts into pure cynical factories.

4 hours ago, Shelter said:

and often dirt poor collector fans (Kiss) and the apathetic, lethargic, or perhaps just nostalgic, often rich enough suits (Eagles, Fleetwood.. sorry) that drive some acts into pure cynical factories.

NIcely worded!

Apt comparison with Kiss and Eagles, etc. more bands I dislike.

cheers

According to CBS news this morning Lindsey is suing Fleetwood Mac for $12,000,000.00, that's $12M. How did he come up with that number? He claims each member of the band stands to make $12M on this tour and he wants his share! Seems to me that Lindsey is on his own tour and FM should countersue for a share of his work.

1 hour ago, nurktwin said:

According to CBS news this morning Lindsey is suing Fleetwood Mac for $12,000,000.00, that's $12M. How did he come up with that number? He claims each member of the band stands to make $12M on this tour and he wants his share! Seems to me that Lindsey is on his own tour and FM should countersue for a share of his work.

(Oh, deary me....The FM drama never ends...

Why is he entitled to any share at all? He wasn't fired unfairly, despite the 'Rumours' at the point of departure.  I think he decided 'to go his own way' didn't he, because he felt the others had a different perspective than him on when and how the tour should be conducted.

STEVIE KICKS..

...but having read the report now, which I hadn't when I wrote the above comments (assuming what is reported is true) I hope he successfully sues the pants of them. LB is Fleetwood Mac and without him its more like Fleetwood Crap. Sorry MC and NF don't make up for LB's departure at all - not because they aren't any good. They are. It's just that they're not a good fit - or not as good a fit.   LB's contribution to Wave 2 of the band is immeasurable and his influence permeates throughout to make FM what it is today. Half of Stevie's songs wouldn't have got off the ground had it not been for his interventions to make then into something worth listening to. And lets not also forget that her career wouldn't have seen the light of day had LB not insisted she join FM with him, when he was asked and not her (initially). This is the way she repays him. Even her solo career lends its success to her innate 'sex appeal' - half her fans have no objectivity where she is concerned. Had she got a face like a back of a Greyhound bus she wouldn't have got far there either. Her songwriting skills are good - let's face it - but her performances erratic in her younger, drug fuelled days.

She doesn't owe LB her entire life but, let's face it, SN is far too 'up her own arse' for her own good. She has that horrible 'I want it so I'm going to get it' entitled attitude which I hate so much. She tried that on with TP sneaking into his house, inviting herself to be a Heartbreaker. Luckily he told her to sling 'er 'ook. She also fuelled his first wife with drugs - and she had mental health problems. Bad influence springs to mind.  Not only is she - the middle aged 'mumsy' looking female that she is - a very 'bland and ordinary' vocal talent these days, having lost that wonderful raspy throaty quality it used to have, she has clearly let fame and greed go to her head (instead of Cocaine). If someone offered me a LB ticket or a FM ticket, with its present incarnation (Mike Campbell or not), I would still take the LB ticket. HIs guitar playing is first rate - go listen if you haven't heard it - and i also think he's been treated like dirt over the years by the present backstabbing FM composite. 

3 hours ago, nurktwin said:

According to the claim, Live Nation was to pay each of the partners a 12-14 million dollar guarantee for the tour (and thus it is likely that the four remaining partners did receive at least a 12 million guarantee).  He claims there was an oral agreement to embark upon that tour made prior to the events of MusiCares which culminated in his dismissal.  Lindsey states the story that he was insisting upon postponing their tour - as stated by Stevie and Mick in subsequent interviews - is entirely false.

I've now learned or "learned" more about Fleetwood Mac than I ever cared to.

The only thing worse would be Mike joining the Eagles. Apparently there are some Fleetwood songs I like that I've heard on the radio over the years and never knew it was them. Also, I think I read somewhere supposedly Buckingham was verbally/physically abusive to Stevie. I don't know. If true I feel badly for her.

From very much a grateful outsider's perspective, this all seems like a complicated mess and I still think it was a bad idea to go with Free Fallin' as a live tribute.

Fleetwood Mac can exist without Mike Campbell on guitar but the Dirty Knobs doesn't as far as I know. I'm sure a lot of folks on here will give quite the cheer when their album is released. I certainly can exist without looking into this thread any further. 

5 hours ago, Big Blue Sky said:

I'd feel very uncomfortable if this thread ever hit the level of just hating on Stevie & laying insults on all aspects of her life. 

I think this place is much too polite for something like that.

14 hours ago, Big Blue Sky said:

Look, just personally, I'd feel very uncomfortable if this thread ever hit the level of just hating on Stevie & laying insults on all aspects of her life. 

There are other fan sites that do that.  

If Stevie is going to approve or allow to be written a 'warts and all' biography on the failings and shortcomings of her band-mates,  who are hardly likely to approve or even agree to what she has said about them (LB possibly) aren't we at least entitled to examine her actions too in the light of what is written about?  She out there in the public arena, so there is a cost to that - people talking about their life and personal aspects of it too, if they choose to comment on it themselves let alone sing songs about it and make money off it.  The whole FM story is about conflict, drama and bad feeling - so why shouldn't we comment on it too - as long as what we have to say is likely to be or is true rather than flagrant misrepresentations and lies.  Not sure why anyone want to to take a more reverential stance on this. Actions speak louder than words, I would say: even when we're dealing with writers and poets - no matter how good they are.

Okay, whatever, if that's your thing.  

Maybe start a different thread if you really want to talk about someone in specific detail like this.  

• She also fuelled his first wife with drugs.  Even her solo career lends its success to her innate 'sex appeal' -  far too 'up her own arse' for her own good. 

I definitely don't want to even think about policing the thread (not my place) - but this seems to be a major departure from the tone so far.  The conversation so far is not reverential - I think you'll find it's been quite critical of FMac at times and protective of Mike.  But it hasn't drawn on SN's personal life, sex appeal or decisions she made in the 1970s.   

9 hours ago, Big Blue Sky said:

Okay, whatever, if that's your thing.  

Maybe start a different thread if you really want to talk about someone in specific detail like this.  

• She also fuelled his first wife with drugs.  Even her solo career lends its success to her innate 'sex appeal' -  far too 'up her own arse' for her own good. 

I definitely don't want to even think about policing the thread (not my place) - but this seems to be a major departure from the tone so far.  The conversation so far is not reverential - I think you'll find it's been quite critical of FMac at times and protective of Mike.  But it hasn't drawn on SN's personal life, sex appeal or decisions she made in the 1970s.   

Honestly, I have found a lot of these threads so critical, bordering on mean that I can't even read them anymore. Once the bashing starts, out I go.  Sorry, guys.  

52 minutes ago, Marion said:

Honestly, I have found a lot of these threads so critical, bordering on mean that I can't even read them anymore. Once the bashing starts, out I go.  Sorry, guys.  

I'm not sure what "lot of these threads" that may be, exactly. I too do find certain foul language and offensive personal attacks to be uncalled for, though, when discussing various aspects of our passions in music. I don't see how much can come from such, or how it helps a creative and fun environment. So, let's behave and be respectful. That said, if "Hallelujah!" is the only allowed attitude, only affirmation is acceptable, there's nothing much to discuss anymore, anyway, so.. And once the discussion stops, out I go...