Sign in to follow this  
nurktwin

Question of the day 3/22/18

Had them done last month. This is the first time I had to get someone to do them. Fred always did them. And they usually are pretty easy but this time...with everything...and I donated his truck and all....best to get a professional. I asked through the Caregiver Canines program Malaika and I are a part of.....nice people.....

My Fed & State taxes are done and sent in. I just finished the city taxes this morn for the WD, so she has to sign and send them in. A bonus for me being retired is that I don't have to file city (local) taxes! See, there is an advantage to getting old, but why couldn't they do that when I was young and needed the extra money?

Handed them off to the accountant a month or two ago. I had a small W2, and then two 1099s, so I don't get a tax return. I normally owe money. I have no idea what it feels like to get a refund check, LOL. 

2 hours ago, TomFest said:

You have "City" and "State" income taxes?  Damn.  People complain about the taxes here in Washington, but we don't have either of those.

I'm in Ohio. I have Federal, State, and then village income tax. I don't live in the village, but the two businesses I work for are located there, so I have to pay the tax. I think it's ridiculous. It's only a town of 2,500 or something. :-/ Plus there's school district tax to pay and so on. I dream of moving somewhere like New Hampshire, Wyoming, Tennessee, etc where there are lower taxes, lol.   

I've been working on them the last couple of days. We got an unpleasant surprise regarding our college-aged son (I thought a school expense was deductible, but it is not). We're going to have to pay more than I expected, but what's done is done. Sigh.