Sign in to follow this  
Shelter

Question of the day 3/13/18

When I saw them on the Into The Great Wide Open tour.

I can still remember the feeling, under the stars, had no idea what to expect from the concert; there was a purity to seeing them like that; I enjoyed the spectacle as well, the fantasy tree stage, the Psychedelic Dragon, the intro to Don't Come Around Here No More, I recall being disappointed at first with Psychotic Reaction, what kind of boring middle of the road harmonica song is this, till it snapped into double-time!  Happy they played Makin' Some Noise (I think I was surprised they hadn't played it till that point!) and the overall fun of the experience.

I still have a t-shirt from that tour, black with Tom's face and the list of songs on the back that wasn't the set list. I even purchased a bootleg shirt as well, I think, I didn't even realize it wasn't genuine and I think it had one too many turns in the laundry.

A fun time.

Man, that is a tough question!!

Well... I think.. all things considered.. and Mudcrutch tours aside.. that I'd have to go with the Great Wide Open Tour as well. Didn't catch it 'til the spring of 1992, but there sure was something special in the air around that time. But it's a tough call to make.. "they were always great".. true that.

I saw them in 2010, 2013, 2017. Of those, I think the 2013 show was the best for me, and the last show. I think this is mostly due to location of seats. I was in front row in 2010, which was a great experience, but hard to take in everything. I think rows 5-8 are a sweet spot. IMO. 
It's hard for me to know which one sounded best, I think the 2017 show at US Bank Arena sounded best. They were all comparable for quality of performance, but US Bank Arena had better acoustics than Riverbend or Klipsh. Joe Walsh also sounded a lot better in US Bank Arena. 
I wish I had been able to see TPATH for the Long After Dark Tour... or maybe the Wildflowers Dogs with Wings Tour... or Echo... Gosh. Great stuff. 

I saw the band in 2012, 2013 and 2014. I would have loved to have see them live in 1976, 1983, 1991, 1995, 1997, 1999, 2002 and 2008 (Mudcrutch) as well based on the live bootlegs I've been exploring from those years. Different eras, different musical textures, different vibes in each of those years for me that I would have loved to experience first hand too.